• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Received my BOSS2 with Nirvana yesterday and I'm really enjoying the sound - not bright or fatiguing at all, just very dynamic and compelling.

I like that the OLED display sleeps a few minutes after music stops playing, I wish the Revolution DAC also did this.

Couldn't the remote's unused Play/Pause button be coded to manually sleep the OLED during playback? This would be really handy at night.

Also of note, the BOSS2 remote is coded the same as the Revolution DAC, so they can't be used within sight of each other.

Last edited:
Hi.

Regarding power supplies ( and learning that a Shanti 2 it's on it's way).
We had quite heated discussions more than once about long cables, impedances and
transient responses.
The other day I talked to a friend. He mentioned that he got IanCanadas UltraCapConditioners attached to a Shanti and a Nirvana. To make a long story short. The UCConditioner
lifts the performance of Shanti and Nirvana quite a serious step up.

I told him I am not surprised about his findings. That's been expected.
And if you've followed above link you'll see why. The impulse-response get's close to perfect. You won't achieve that with a 5ft cable and some cheap plugs.
Some of us got into that direction by cutting the cables and getting rid of the plugs.
And guess what. According to him the Nirvana performs better than a Shanti in that UCConditioner config. Oooook. :rolleyes:
Hi, I have Shanti I use to power seprately a raspberry pi4 running Gentooplayer and a Soncoz LA-QXD1 dac.
I have always been fascinated by Ian Canada stuff.
Do you think that my setup could benefit by the introduction of the "smaller" ConditionerPi?
DocumentDownload/UltraCapacitorPowerSupply/ConditionerPi at master * iancanada/DocumentDownload * GitHub

Hi, I have Shanti I use to power seprately a raspberry pi4 running Gentooplayer and a Soncoz LA-QXD1 dac.
I have always been fascinated by Ian Canada stuff.
Do you think that my setup could benefit by the introduction of the "smaller" ConditionerPi?
DocumentDownload/UltraCapacitorPowerSupply/ConditionerPi at master * iancanada/DocumentDownload * GitHub

Let's not kill the Allo thread. :D

I am not a big fan of IanCanada's stuff btw. (You never know what you end up with and that at quite an investment )

My strategy is to stick to standard devices (no HAT conditioner, no USB bridge, etc.) just the RPi. It's most flexible.
A DAC that responds to upstream changes has issues. You need to question your DAC and not the upstream environment. The actual audio job needs to be done by the DAC.

If the Soncoz responds to upstream changes, question the Soncoz. My Tone1 responds heavily to upstream changes. From that perspective that DAC sucks. I don't know how much a Revolution would respond to upstream changes. If the Revolution, despite its great specs, would still improve while being attached to a USB Bridge - I'd say standard specs won't tell you everything and there'd be still space for improvement with that DAC.

If I am not mistaken, Allo tries to get that addressed with the Boss2. The Boss2 seems also to be tasked to tame (condition) the RPi, more then the Boss1 or even the Katana. ( Allo - correct me if I am wrong with that)

Bottom line.

For now I'd concentrate on getting the DAC (USB or HAT) and a standard RPI powered separately - with short cables ;) - and properly grounded. I'd not waste my money on some special purpose gadgets.

Enjoy.

Hello

@Hidalgo , ok we will check if there is a way to shut down the oled on Rev . @Soundcheck USB (upstream) has an influence on sound ...but we see none on THD (rather very small not enough to explain it) . Rev was designed to remove some oUSb noise (we filter the USB input) but I will not say that all influence is removed. Still, much better (less influence) than most designs of USB DACs .
Best way to remove upstream influence is USB galvanic isolation...but then you will introduce galvanic isolation noise.jitter ( upstream) so you need to carefully design that stage .

There is no magic pill.

Just watched Hans's Boss2 review.

Congratulations Allo! Your first official BOSS2-Player review (I came across). :D

And yep. Hans delivered. As expected. :xfingers:

My take from it:

1. The Boss2 defeated a HifiBerry DAC powered by Sbooster . :yes:

2. A single Nirvana supply setup sounds slighty worse then a dual power Shanti setup. :yes:
And that, according to Hans, would put a Nirvana powered Boss2 between the HifiBerry and a Shanti powered Boss2. :scratch2:

3. Moode UI - not his taste :irked:

4. And he confirmed the 192kHz/DSD64 limitation, which Audiophonics somehow still seems to ignore by listing 384k/DSD256. :crying:

5. Price/performance ratio seems to be OK to Hans.

Bottom line. All great - no big issues.

I really enjoyed the review. I really like his calming attitude. ;)

Looking forward to the next review - hopefully contributed by Audio Science Review.

Enjoy.

Preliminary findings of new AMP pcb.

The gamble paid off . In essence we treated the Mosfet outputs as a clock signal and used every trick we learned (including interplane capacitance ) to lower spikes and noise . We are able to see deeper into FFT floor and spikes have been practically eliminated . (new PCB).

THD sits at -114 (or better) at 1Khz 5W. At worst 6.67Khz THD observed is -108. Those numbers are equal to a good DAC .

Crucially , noise of speaker output (out of band) was reduced (and by a good margin). In my opinion, this data is very important for class D SQ.

Last PCB to test and fix ..LLC. Another week.. Meanwhile we are designing the box.

Preliminary findings of new AMP pcb.

The gamble paid off . In essence we treated the Mosfet outputs as a clock signal and used every trick we learned (including interplane capacitance ) to lower spikes and noise . We are able to see deeper into FFT floor and spikes have been practically eliminated . (new PCB).

THD sits at -114 (or better) at 1Khz 5W. At worst 6.67Khz THD observed is -108. Those numbers are equal to a good DAC .

Crucially , noise of speaker output (out of band) was reduced (and by a good margin). In my opinion, this data is very important for class D SQ.

Last PCB to test and fix ..LLC. Another week.. Meanwhile we are designing the box.

Looks very promising. What size case are you planning for and how will the power connection be configured? 3 pin IEC socket?, grounding scheme?