"Shadow of The Colossus" build thread

Apparently and unfortunately, Legis is no longer a forum member.
I hope that means he's OK and just not participating on the forum.

I've been working on a large Synergy style MEH a la the K402 version, but DIY, and had planned to use a pair of AE TD15 below and above like the Colossus, just because I can (I have the drivers already) and wanted to see how it was progressing and if his mind had changed.

Or maybe TD15X x 2, TD10M x 2 and my Unity sort of half Colossus.

Hi all, been some time😀 Reason for my absence that I bought my first own house, hifi has been on a semi-pause for quite some time. Colossus' are stored currently, my old Usher D2/D3 with tad drivers back in action.
323E18AB-8891-44D9-A27C-7A7A842E516A.jpeg

My future second hifi lair (smaller second house) is in "slight facelift" renovation atm.

Waiting for the times when everything is ready and I can just play oomph all day long🙃

C401351A-E225-45D9-8032-206721C9583E.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users
Hi all, been some time😀 Reason for my absence that I bought my first own house, hifi has been on a semi-pause for quite some time. Colossus' are stored currently, my old Usher D2/D3 with tad drivers back in action.
View attachment 1120494

My future second hifi lair (smaller second house) is in "slight facelift" renovation atm.

Waiting for the times when everything is ready and I can just play oomph all day long🙃

View attachment 1120495
Your first house?! Well done! How do you compare the Usher vs Colossus?

View attachment 1120494

View attachment 1120495

Good to see you posting again and congrats on the house! :cheers:
It's detached I assume?

Yes detached house with two floors. I installed sound isolation double-door between the floors, hifi room is in the basement that is partially under the soil. The separate "guest house" has even greater sound isolation😊

Ushers look so good that I cant put colossus back in anymore😅 The low q sealed setup also does not go deep enough in this big space, with 3-way active would work better.

Old pic with feat. Logans

29CFEDC9-C54A-418C-A72F-CB9E70C584FB.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Congrats Legis for the house :) , nice area.

I like the brick walls, were the bricks there or did you add them as decorative ? Ziegler sorta carpets are nice, very warm living room (y)

ahaha the Logans seems toys in front of the Ushers, does it sound better in the mid-treble range ?

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
lol, point of view, for me the Logans just feets nicely the size of the room from an aesthetical ratio... where the Usher are obstructive to my eyes !

I surmise all of us will keep the one that is sounding best, poundered by the waf factor ratio that is different for everyone.... This rooms looks like a dedicated one for the hobbyst only :) , yeah !