• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Selling Zhou Fang’s remaining stocks including some very rare Toshiba transistors

Attach IRFP240-9240 price

1474943d8a1d90a45ecc88ee39c16a7d.jpg

A friend of mine asked me to check whether a few 2SJ74 which he bought at ridiculously low price from Hong Kong are genuine. Well, here are some curve and photo comparisons. By checking the curve, we know right away his jfets are all fake. Gm is vey low comparing with the real ones. The fake's shape also looks slightly different than the real ones, if we look at it close enough. The legs are thinner and easy to bend, surface with marking appears to be rough. The top view also looks different than genuine. :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Hi Pav,

Good point! The curve from the fake J74 indeed looks like J103

Hi, Liubin!

Those fakes are very common.
The most probable they are sourced from remarked cheap 2SK246/2SJ103.
For being sure you can measure parasitic capacitance of the JFET intrinsic gate diode.

As the demand for single j74 is far more than J75 (two J74 in one metal can) and I am running low for J74, I decided to try to get the two J74 out from a J75. Here is some photos of the "experiment".

before the destruction :D PS:I started with J75GR
FGu9Q2x.jpg

After cutting the Al can and getting the two lovely J74GR out. The two J74 are intact, and show normal curves when measured.
snHhSilh.jpg

Zoom in view of J74 from the can, there is no marking on it :eek:
qxzRhkWh.jpg

Thanks giving sale is extended to Monday mid night.
Pls take note that shipping would be slightly delayed due to the large amount of orders I need to fullfill. I will try my best to ship your order within 3 working days upon payment though. Thanks for your kind understanding~! Hace a great weekend, everyone.