Scanspeak Rediscovery Loudspeaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HDS tweeter is a near perfect tweeter with very very minor dip at 6.5 khz (not audible) and controllable top octave peaking. It sounds absolutely neutral and it has got terrific off-axis performance. It may have slighly higher distortion numbers than 6600 air-circ above 2k but distortion level is very very low by any standards.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Suman, many thanks for the opportunity to listen to this wonderful speaker. I hope that soon they will be in a great room where they can really flex their muscles, but for now I absolutely loved how they sounded. Proud to see that someone from Calcutta can design a world-class speaker! :)

Rediscovery with SB29RDC Tweeter

If anyone want to build the Rediscovery Loudspeaker with SB 29RDC tweeter here is the crossover.

Attachments

• CO SB29RDC.JPG
    CO SB29RDC.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,001
  • RR 29RDC.JPG
    RR 29RDC.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,938
I've been looking at the Rediscovery kit for awhile now. After reading this thread I'm going for it. A couple questions. I'm going to build the 40 liter cabinet Madisound suggest. Should I put the tweeter on center of the baffle or off center the same way the larger cabinet is made. Also, it looks like the tweeter should be mounted 3/4" back from the 7" driver, sound right ?

I've been looking at the Rediscovery kit for awhile now. After reading this thread I'm going for it. A couple questions. I'm going to build the 40 liter cabinet Madisound suggest. Should I put the tweeter on center of the baffle or off center the same way the larger cabinet is made. Also, it looks like the tweeter should be mounted 3/4" back from the 7" driver, sound right ?
NOT building this kit.
From just looking at it (drawing/pdf), it's 3/4" to the side. If you want to put it centered in the baffle, no problem, make a test baffle first (or two) and test with music and all. No major problems will come from it. Test-and-see before diy with some form of simulation (EDGE by Tolvan, other). My two cents :)

The kit seems to have dissapeared from Madisound's site. Was Madisound selling a parts kit originally? If so, the OP did a no-no by publishing the xo on this site.
Generally, speaker parts supplier's kits are sold on the basis that the xo remains proprietary until the buyer pays for it.
What's your problem? Is that your business?! (police force/snitch) :rolleyes:
The Madisound Speaker Store

edit: you are being ridiculous.
There is no intention from neither part to practice any crime just talking and posting tech material that you have neither right to criticize.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.