Scanspeak D7608-9200 mid dome disassembly tips and other info

@IamJF I realized that with the last 3 way I built with the D7608 and TW034. I did a test baffle with countersunk drivers and a chamfered baffle. I then decided to move the mid about 20mm closer to the tweeter and it created a weird dip and peak which was hard to tame. It didn't model that way at all. There must be more off axis energy radiated from the tweeter than one would think.
TW034 - datasheet says it's perfectly wide radiating until at least 5kHz. It's not that much bigger as a 1".
Just print/build a blind plate to be sure? Or Quick and dirty - close the hole with a few layers of Gaffa :geek:

Reactions: 1 user
Using the D7608 with the factory flange helps with the mid not diffracting quite as bad. Its just a pain trying to get CTC spacing tighter with it. At lower xover points its not so critical since it doesn't require as tight of spacing with the longer wavelengths.

I've been looking for my D7608 measurment data without the flange. I used Clio to test and measure, but it doesn't save the data in the same way as other platforms do, which is a big problem with Clio.

I have one extra D7608 which I'm using for testing before I commit to a baffle layout design. Part of me is torn between the wider soundstage of a narrow baffle with side mounted, outward radiating mids and MTM arranged mids also in the vertical plane.

There's also the Horbach Keele MTM arrangement which uses special filter slopes and specific CTC spacing in both the vertical and horizontal along with tilting the array by 22 degrees. I've built a few on wall speakers using this topology and it has some big advantages over other arrangements.

Reactions: 1 users
There's also the Horbach Keele MTM arrangement which uses special filter slopes and specific CTC spacing in both the vertical and horizontal along with tilting the array by 22 degrees. I've built a few on wall speakers using this topology and it has some big advantages over other arrangements.
Do you have a link to a build log or anything for those speakers? Sounds very similar to what I am planning for an in-wall design specifically utilizing the D7608s.

Currently busy with medical crap. Not fun.

Easiest way to remove the stock felt is saturate the felt with isopropyl alcohol with the magnet SIDE DOWN. Otherwise you'll ruin the dome from the back side. Once the felt is wet, it can be slid off with a bondo spreader or old credit card edge.