SB Acoustics Textreme

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
One guy who built a Duelund filter wrote this:
I'd call that encouragement :D Some of Steen A Duelund's articles are in Danish, but thankfully, I understand Danish, so shouldn't be a problem.

That would also be my ideal, a full range multi driver system that is so coherent and blended seamlessly that one thinks it sounds like one full range driver. I always use 1st order X/O's for HP and LP both whenever possible for that very reason; the goal is to make it disappear and sound like real music and not a recording with electronics and speaker drivers and boxes getting the way of the hearing the performers and instruments as though you are really in the room with them...

I am extremely happy with my present design and resulting highly accurate and realistic presentation but; it does have limits. Good enough for now though; I just have to finish it all up...

How long will it be before I want to do even better? Hah, I'm always thinking of the next best project with even more refinements in the never ending pursuit of perfection...

Hope your project turns out as well as expected; it ought to be one very great sounding system for sure...

I sure hope it will be in the end. (PS: This will be my first loudspeaker... ever ;))

I know of one level above this one, and mind you, this level has several interpretations so its not like there is room for only one loudspeaker, anyway... so the level above this one is what Laurence Dickie (B&W Nautilus engineer and Vivid Audio co-creator) is doing these days. One can ofc debate whether or not what he (and his team) is doing is the right choices etc, ofc one can do that... however, in order for me to listen and take such a debate seriously, the other party must emphasize and show with current products, projects or theoretical thinking, that what Laurence and his team is doing can be greatly improved upon or that they are working on a flawed model and both objectively and subjectively, there are fundamentally better ways of producing a coherent loudspeaker using multiple drivers.

Laurence is using a relatively standard 4th order with time alignment, BSC etc, so nothing out of the ordinary and when it comes to phase.. well, the science is divided. Some can hear phase shifts and others can't. But lets assume that all drivers in phase all the time is some sort of fix, then the Duelund Synchronous filter is a better choice than the "simple" 4th order which Vivid is using..

Ofc there will always be debates about cabinet material, cone material, xo order etc... it is a never ending one.. But I think its fairly fair to say that if you are able to design and engineer a loudspeaker that is as neutral as can be and sound coherent without any significant changes from low to high frequency, contain low amount of self signature (coloration) and maintain a wide dispersion to hide the room coloration (loudspeaker first rule) which sound true to natural, as an acoustic guitar and human vocals should sound... if you do that and produce such a loudspeaker, you have succeeded in something very few have.

So what am I doing here ? ... well, I think Bliesma and SBA SATORI TeXtreme is part of that secret sauce. Ofc... OFC the source material (recording, resolution etc) and the gear used matter. DAC's can sound analog or dead, same thing with amplifiers. It all matters.

So the project in my case, besides the loudspeaker, is to pair it up with Vacuum States DPA-1 KT88 tube amplifier (unreleased model) to power the tweeter and midrange, a top of the line Solid State for the woofers - so Bi-amping - a very musical and analog sounding Japanese DAC with tube output stage going true a vacuum tube preamplifier. As a total package, I think we are looking at top shelf equipment.

I am trying to collect & build end game stuff, but I am aware of the fact that end game is an illusion... but what is the life without illusions... Let a man have his dream... :p:D

Sorry for going on a rant..

That would also be my ideal, a full range multi driver system that is so coherent and blended seamlessly that one thinks it sounds like one full range driver. I always use 1st order X/O's for HP and LP both whenever possible for that very reason; the goal is to make it disappear and sound like real music and not a recording with electronics and speaker drivers and boxes getting the way of the hearing the performers and instruments as though you are really in the room with them...

I am extremely happy with my present design and resulting highly accurate and realistic presentation but; it does have limits. Good enough for now though; I just have to finish it all up...

How long will it be before I want to do even better? Hah, I'm always thinking of the next best project with even more refinements in the never ending pursuit of perfection...

Hope your project turns out as well as expected; it ought to be one very great sounding system for sure...
This is what I want also. I am hoping that someone publishes a DIY plan that meets these criteria. My Aerial speakers are phase perfect designs. And after having it I can't go back. And these aperiodic venting has always peeked my interest.

And these aperiodic venting has always peeked my interest.
Audio Physics (Joachim Gerhard is a diya member) Structure APL loudspeaker- see picture

Attachments

• structure.jpg
    structure.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 445
Bliesma T25B + MR13TX + MW19TX looks like a very good combo indeed, but maybe it will be better to wait a little longer, because Stanislav Malikov (bliesma) is also coming with 3" and 7.5" midrange drivers.
Both will be domes.
You don't say... huh. Do you have a source or is it via personal contact ? (never mind, found it)

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
7.5" Be* dome???? Is it april fool day today ??? :rofl::D:confused::confused::confused:

* : btw maybe it will need some jail bares** to protect it from visitors... at the price of Be drivers vs Gold you need to buy the dog at the same times than the two Be 7.5" drivers !

** : sorry : honeycomb protection grills heavy ones*** sounds... better !

***: as known as HPGHO difusor, patent pending...

Last edited: