SB Acoustics Textreme

Not to clutter this thread with "marketing" of other brands, but what SBA did for us in regards to ScanSpeak, Purifi is doing the same thing in regards to AudioTechnology, Accuton, SB Acoustics and SEAS... Lets not forget BlieSMa and Viawave. And on the amplifier side, the 1ET400a is also breaking new grounds. On top of that we have DAC's that can convert PCM to DSD on the fly and act as a preamplifier.

The golden age of audio isn't the 70's, its now. There has never been another period where high quality transient products are more readily available then they are now.

Stellar S/N, transient, linear, low distortion all day long, count me in. Not only that, if one spend enough time doing r&d about optimum cabinet shapes, material and filter designs (not only order but where the components are placed in the signal path), to be able to reproduce music in the cleanest way possible is no longer science fiction or magic, nor does it cost the same as a new car or your kidney.

If your heart is set on "vintage" analog sound and amp's that have pleasant even order harmonics, then the future is probably not for you. Personally, I've been on a journey to find what combo's or technology's that remove as little as possible between me and the artist and 2020 is a really great year for that.

Reactions: 1 user
The tweeter is now available at Madisound.

SATORI TW29TXN-B-4 / TeXtreme Dome Tweeter, 4 ohm
SATORI TW29TXN-B-4 / TeXtreme Dome Tweeter, 4 ohm

Jim

Yeah - showed up last week, I think. Unfortunately (for me) that's the one that I'm least interested in - although realistically I have at least several months of prototyping to do before I'd be looking at a Textreme purchase. Would be nice to finally see them validated with independent testing/results, though.

Any thoughts howthey will sound, especially mid-woofers? Price is somewhere between Satori and their standard line, and this is curious why they made carbon cones and price them so low vs paper. I do not know whether they deliver worse than satori or this is due the fact that everyone is crazy about paper and not too much about other cone materials. I love popypropylene, do not like metal and paper, hence interested in TexTreme

Any thoughts howthey will sound, especially mid-woofers? Price is somewhere between Satori and their standard line, and this is curious why they made carbon cones and price them so low vs paper. I do not know whether they deliver worse than satori or this is due the fact that everyone is crazy about paper and not too much about other cone materials. I love popypropylene, do not like metal and paper, hence interested in TexTreme

Just looked on the Solen website and the textreme are almost twice the price of the Satori MW16TX-8 = 390Can$, MW16P-8=220Can$ ?

As far as I know MW16TX price will be almost twice as high as Satori.

Canadian Solen have listed the;
MW16TX-8 as $390 cad / $294 usd / €270 euro .. each.
TW29TXN-8 as $321 cad / $242 usd / €222 euro ... each (for that I can get a beryllium tweeter)

The Satori MW16PNW-8 cost $220 cad / $165 usd / €152 euro ... each.

The TeXtreme demand a +77% increase. Dang...