• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SB Acoustics Satori Monitor

Hello,
I need a little help please.
I use the SBA SB17NAC35-4 speaker for 120Hz - 2KHz. (3 ways design) in 6,5 liters internal volume.
I like their sound, the transients are perfect.
I want something with a little more details, microdetails do not satisfy me.
So, I want to replace it with another speaker; I'm thinking of the SATORI MW16PNW-4.
Do you think it is suitable for a 6.5 liter closed box?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,
I need a little help please.
I use the SBA SB17NAC35-4 speaker for 120Hz - 2KHz. (3 ways design) in 6,5 liters internal volume.
I like their sound, the transients are perfect.
I want something with a little more details, microdetails do not satisfy me.
So, I want to replace it with another speaker; I'm thinking of the SATORI MW16PNW-4.
Do you think it is suitable for a 6.5 liter closed box?
Thanks in advance.

Tells about your bandpass filter for the SBNAC17. What type of inductor are you using? The bass loading. This is a very detailed driver.

Last edited:
Joined 2013
Paid Member
I am using the Satori MW16P-8 in a sealed 0.25ft3 cabinet (7-liters), with Transducer lab carbon fiber tweeter. I was surprised how good it sounds in that arrangement. I am using miniDSP with 2nd order on both woofer and tweeter (1800 xo point), with the only DSP adjustment for BSC. Truly full range sound, even in that small of an enclosure.

I am using the Satori MW16P-8 in a sealed 0.25ft3 cabinet (7-liters), with Transducer lab carbon fiber tweeter. I was surprised how good it sounds in that arrangement. I am using miniDSP with 2nd order on both woofer and tweeter (1800 xo point), with the only DSP adjustment for BSC. Truly full range sound, even in that small of an enclosure.

How low does it go down in frequency? Where did you put the crossover?
Can it go down to 100Hz?

Joined 2013
Paid Member
It has good output down in the mid 50’s. Plenty for music and will play loud no problem. No passive XO, all thru miniDSP and 4-channel amp.

8-ohm because I rarely use 4-ohm mid woofers in a 2-way. Means no load issues regardless of the amp driving them and wattage is cheap so a good 150-200w class A/B has plenty of headroom.

Try another one of the same line...

I have a SBA SB17NAC35-4 in 6.5 Liters closed box.
I use Hypex FA503 .
Crossovers is at 120Hz / 2KHz, LR4.
Do you think the Satori MW 6.5 '' works well in a 6.5 Liters closed box?
Hi
Try "ceramic" CAC version from the same line, the best matched with their "ceramic" tweeter. A lot of detail and natural sound provided well engineered crossover. I truly cannot complain on them :). Or reconsider your crossover... Do not forget to use well made components in it, pp caps and air coils. Some apply these types of transducers as a midranger but allow it to work in a separate, well damped ported box.
ATB

Last edited:
Hi!
This really is a confusin thread - and I have read it completely some years ago.
But, my a little more simple question:
I got MW16P 8 Ohm and TW29RN 4 Ohm
I could not build the Kairos with them because of the 8/4 Ohm wrong woofer
The Kairos later changed to the Kalasan 2 (or 5.0?) and changed to the 8 Ohm Woofer - that would be fine for me but I can`t find the right crossover for this. And the tweeter is a little different, the Kalasan used TW29R, the actual model is called TW29RN.

Is there any other idea for a build with MW16P-8 and TW29RN

This is my setup for MW16P 8 Ohm and TW29RN 4 Ohm (or TW29BN-4).
It sounds awesome.

MW168+TW29R.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!
This really is a confusin thread - and I have read it completely some years ago.
But, my a little more simple question:
I got MW16P 8 Ohm and TW29RN 4 Ohm
I could not build the Kairos with them because of the 8/4 Ohm wrong woofer
The Kairos later changed to the Kalasan 2 (or 5.0?) and changed to the 8 Ohm Woofer - that would be fine for me but I can`t find the right crossover for this. And the tweeter is a little different, the Kalasan used TW29R, the actual model is called TW29RN.

Is there any other idea for a build with MW16P-8 and TW29RN
The kairos and kalasan are two different designs by different people. The kalasan crossover is in this tread and designed for the 8ohm woofer, I think they used the original ferrite tweeter however.

Seems to be a importend ascpect at the SBA-Builds. There are some more designs with slanted baffles. Even Troels build the 3-Way SBA10 with a tilted baffle and SBA MW19 with the woofer closer to the listening position.
I
Not only SB Acoustics, there a a lot more like, i.e. Sonmus Faber electa amator mkii.
Slanted baffle makes crossovers easier and better phase alignment