Salas DCG3 preamp (line & headphone)

Nice build. What value volume pot are you using?

A 20k with smd resistors. Not the best but it does it' s job.
Need to say that I am really happy so far with it.
As a preamp it has to drive double runs of 6 meter cables to the amps, a combine load of about 8k. Bass was much improved, as well as resolution and impact of presentation, at the same time not being harsh at all.
Also could drive my cans, AKG712 pro with ease. Will listen more and come back.
Also it is set for 2X gain, as I do not need more.

Attachments

• IMG_20161230_212152[1].jpg
    IMG_20161230_212152[1].jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 631
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The presentation was effortless, even for the most demanding program material and did not cause fatigue even at the moderate SPLs that we were enjoying.

We were listening to 98dB peak at four meters distance on many tracks as I measured today for the same pot position. That's 104dB at 2M or 110dB at 1M from point source loudspeakers.

Retsina is the trademark folk wine of old Athens. Was everywhere in taverns and associated with music. Some are holding the opinion it is a wrongly underestimated unique wine, some can't stand it. Your mileage may vary.
-OT mode on-
I'm not a Retsina fan, but I recently read that the Restina 2013 made by Costas Kostantakis in Milos island is simply marvelous, totally different from the cheap wine often seen in taverns.
-OT mode off-
Happy New Year and happy listening!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
-OT mode on-
I'm not a Retsina fan, but I recently read that the Restina 2013 made by Costas Kostantakis in Milos island is simply marvelous, totally different from the cheap wine often seen in taverns.
-OT mode off-
Happy New Year and happy listening!

Because Jesper and the following posts influenced me I asked for a better than mainstream one in a local wine store and I had most of it yesterday. More refined taste. Very light in the head it also proved. Happy new year again :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170101_120900.jpg
    IMG_20170101_120900.jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 644
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its from Thessaloniki. Yes that is Vasilopita. Isn't cut yet because the others have a hangover and will eat later :D

BTW kehribari is "electron" the fossil resin in ancient Greek speak where the word electricity comes from due to its high static build up when rubbed

Because Jesper and the following posts influenced me I asked for a better than mainstream one in a local wine store and I had most of it yesterday. More refined taste. Very light in the head it also proved. Happy new year again :)

Upss i am sorry Salas :cool: ... Myself had way to many weissbeer's yesterday, along with this Restina; no more than looking at newyears skijump it will be today i think!

Garmisch-Partenkirchen - New Years Skijump - Enjoy the flight into the New Year!

Jesper.