Salas DCG3 preamp (line & headphone)

Comes from Reichard-Germany last year.
Most likely IDSS values, tomorrow...

Attachments

• IMG_20200402_002233_1.jpg
    IMG_20200402_002233_1.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 318
Two days ago, I succesfully completed the DCG3.
I have had difficult in settting the relay modification to ground, it was after turn side back to split the ground track I realised my new wiring below was wrong, since diagram provided should be mirrored if viewed from back. I fixed it without further hasstle, pic atch. may be help in wiring for others.
Another issue, I was not careful in realising that Ubib power supply rails are not mirrored as using standard DCSTB. In consequence I reversed voltages on one chanel in first power up.
Again any damage found when fixed.
I quick set offset to zero, and confirm same mA. through R10.
Plugged to system, feel happy to notice it improuves my Tripath chip amp sound in every aspect.

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_202817.jpg
    IMG_20200401_202817.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Two days ago, I succesfully completed the DCG3.
I have had difficult in settting the relay modification to ground, it was after turn side back to split the ground track I realised my new wiring below was wrong, since diagram provided should be mirrored if viewed from back. I fixed it without further hasstle, pic atch. may be help in wiring for others.
Another issue, I was not careful in realising that Ubib power supply rails are not mirrored as using standard DCSTB. In consequence I reversed voltages on one chanel in first power up.
Again any damage found when fixed.
I quick set offset to zero, and confirm same mA. through R10.
Plugged to system, feel happy to notice it improuves my Tripath chip amp sound in every aspect.

Congratulations. Converting old version board's relay configuration to current isn't crucial. But you did and its OK. What, if any, parts you damaged and fixed by accidental PSU rails polarity reversal connection?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Jordi only one can be fake is 12,5mA because is not between the range of BL grade.

There are some China sourced parts with right IDSS. I suspect Jordi's are as this: 2SK170BL Matched Pair - Stompville Shop

I had checked as such in the past, their curves on the tracer have an ascending tendency to the right, the original curves are almost flat. About noise performance if comparable to the original I don't know.

Thanks.
No parts damaged Salas.
I leaved all night long powered up.
Morning arranged for headphone listening.
I liked overall but found a downside clogged in sound, suspecting too much current, I placed 3ohm/2w pot. in series to R10 (7,5ohm.).
Then while listening turned up till find a value 9,5ohm. as spot much better sounding.
Later on, I also found higher values on R1(neg. rail 2R to 2R3 and pos. rail from 2R3 to 2R5) in Ubib, so less current power supply further enhances away the detail vibrancy projection. An extremely pleasant high end sound experience.
Not complaints on using uPA jfets, just for fun wanted to try that Japanese Toshiba thing.

Last edited: