RPi streamer for Qobuz?

Ok... had it playing. It just skipped sometimes. I then remembered something about cashing... adjusted that.... but then I forgot the account was old and that I made a new one. Dialed that in. Now it won't accept my account details.
Then I looked it up. There is apparently some known error where Qobuz does not allow for login to the webplayer. And you just have to wait for some time-out somewhere(server maybe). And then it works again. 2 days, some report.

Am I missing something....?

LMS 3.jpg
LMS 4.jpg

Ok... now it works.Using Squeezer on my Android phone. The UI is a little simple... but on the other hand, everything works perfectly (y)
Thanks to all patient participant's - have not been my best day, so happy that it finally just works, and I now can end the day with lovely music before bed :giggle:

Reactions: 1 user
I find neither of these solutions works nicely.
I want to be able to use both my computer or phone without having to use any additional applications that eliminate the functionality of the Streaming solutions (like suggestions, playlists etc). In many cases the step of streaming from the phone, and not casting, degrades both preserved sound quality and theoretical/technical specifications you´re paying for from the streaming provider.
It's a shame Qobuz only offers chromecast and chromecast being locked down so that RoPieeeXL cant use the protocol.

Please let me know if I'm missing something and missing out.

Qobuz asks for feedback on a yearly basis on their apps. They always ask about adding native UPnP support to their app. Hopefully they implement it someday.

While it is annoying to have to use a third-party app, it's not correct to say that, in the use case I mentioned, you are streaming from your phone. This is not correct. For me, the Pi (via I2S and SPDIF out) is feeding a DAC. The phone merely controls the player and playlist.

I use Qobuz daily and after experimenting found the best solution seems to be to use Android (LineageOS 20). I use USB Audio Player Pro in bit perfect mode, this overcomes the limitations of the built in Android audio to give excellent music quality. The app is a cheap once off purchase.

@Grw55
Ok. So you start the native Qobuz app like on a computer and then use that as the player on the phone so that you can use the phone like a remote? Or do you need to add a screen and keyboard to the player? Wouldn't really be a streamer/network player, but might be a solution.

As a side note. I got an email response from Qobuz about this "issue" with them only supporting Chromecast, and they told me they where in the making of a new player and that might have other services supported too. I hope they manage to get it out soon and that it includes better/open source protocols.

I run android on the Pi 4 and control it using RVNC on either my phone or iPad. I can also control the player using a touch screen I have connected to the Pi4. The Pi 4 connects to the QOBUZ stream using USB Audio player pro as it gives much better sound on android. I use a SMSL DAC AND KRK ROKIT 4 Monitors. Very clear and analytic audio which I love.

Attachments

• 1684466651608173.jpeg
    1684466651608173.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 93
I use Qobuz daily and after experimenting found the best solution seems to be to use Android (LineageOS 20). I use USB Audio Player Pro in bit perfect mode, this overcomes the limitations of the built in Android audio to give excellent music quality. The app is a cheap once off purchase.
I'm trying to set this up and am running into obstacles at (almost) every turn. My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 4 and a MiniDSP Flex 8 connected to the Pi via USB. I have Lineage running and Qobuz, USB Audio Player Pro and RVNC Viewer installed. At the moment, I'm not using the RVNC, but using a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected to the Pi.

To start, I'm just trying to get it to play anything. When I go into USB Audio Player Pro, no music sources seem to be available and I can't figure out how to add them. Even more basic, I can't seem to determine if it's accessing the Flex 8 or not. My hope is to use this to play music stored on my NAS and Qobuz.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Progress report: I can now access my NAS folders within UAPP, but I can't play the files. If I download one of the files to the Music folder on the Pi using another app, I can then play it in UAPP. So, it's not that the file is bad or in an unsupported format.

Also, does anyone know how to edit or delete Network "Stations" / entries in UAPP? While trying to get it to access the NAS, I made 3 or 4 incorrect entries that I can't see a way to remove.