Robin Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
turbon,

first of all...

''gift to have been born''....this is kind of noble thought, but it may lead to religion or thinking we are of more ''value'' than we are in reality....but nothing is impossible :)

giving in return is wishful thinking in my opinion, but i guess it s part of our human nature, that kind of live to perpetuate itself, wich is bizarre in itself. The question of ''goal'' certainly arises then...

one thing is sure though, we have been ''given'' a brain to think and emotions to feel (also in the brain) and that can lead to smokey behaviors... :)

Turbon,

could you share your theory of how the world should work? maybe it could lead to nobel prize? who knows? :)

anyhow....if suicide happens when we feel we are not needed...therefore, we live because we feel we bring something to others...

hmmmm.... we are conditioned as of natural selection to care for each other (wich makes us stronger)...thus that would explain suicide, behavior that is explained by the fact that when you are of no value value to others, you are actually hurting those, and impedes their capacity to survive....

so,historically, a kind of social behavior conditioned by the fact that human specy lived trought it s development for a long mostly in small groups, cutting every corner round simply to survive.

so Suicide would be natural after all? It s just that we are not used to live with all the technology we have and in such a large number?

interesting...am i going crazy? :)

Last edited:
anyhow....if suicide happens when we feel we are not needed...therefore, we live because we feel we bring something to others...

hmmmm.... we are conditioned as of natural selection to care for each other (wich makes us stronger)...thus that would explain suicide, behavior that is explained by the fact that when you are of no value value to others, you are actually hurting those, and impedes their capacity to survive....

so,historically, a kind of social behavior conditioned by the fact that human specy lived trought it s development for a long mostly in small groups, cutting every corner round simply to survive.

so Suicide would be natural after all? It s just that we are not used to live with all the technology we have and in such a large number?

interesting...am i going crazy? :)

Do not diminish your worth. Life should not be wasted. I would willingly give in exchange for the snakes head!

The gift of being born is the sheer improbability involved...imagine the unlikelihood that each of your lineal ancestors met their mates and laid down the chain of generations that led to you. One link missing and the you that is here wouldn't have made it. We dangle at the end of an ancient game of chance whose odds make winning the lotto look like a sure thing. Enjoy the ride while you can!

which might be some explanation to Robin's tragic departure..

@Marce and others who experienced this tragedy in their families (or friends).
I have experienced this too (I know both sides I must admit) inside my family and people I knew. I know the feeling of being incapable to read the signs preceding a TS and the torn feelings afterwards.

I also know the "inside" story and the numb yet clear mind with which an attempt is undertaken.

fas42,

so, in your world view, if i kick someone in the butt, we should put the blame on my leg?
Rather that we all need to feel the worthwhileness of the non-monetary aspects of being, which includes the essential worth of ourselves as simple human beings - but that is largely demeaned as a cultural meme at the moment - the Measure of a Man is his Money is how the slogan goes at the moment - if a rich man dies the news is all over the papers, but 1,000's of "poor" dying means very, very little ...

Of course it's been like that for ages, but now the sense of it carries around the world with an intensity that's never been experienced before; even a family living in a shanty town, in a "third word" country, has a TV, can see how the "rich and famous" live - the lopsideness of it is apparent to all.

Robin is famous because he was immensely talented, and his "wealth" is a side effect of that - but the latter hasn't helped him in his moments of despair; how much, in subtle ways, did it actually worsen the situation for him - because it increased the "gap" between him, and "normal" people ...

sofa,

yes i think money has always been as important as it is today...but it is just the way it is marketed today to the general population that is insidious and lead to more ''predation''.

Being rich these days means more respect from others and better self satisfaction, not to mention that it gives you access to lots of clostly technologically advanced toys to play with.....all this to feed the Banks.

10 000 of dead indians or chinese?pfffft they reproduce fast you know...

anyhow...not sure how Money relates to Robin here...:)

It's in the context of a reason for why suicide is possibly so much of an issue these days - youths dying from such in Australia is a terrible problem now, just like in other well-off countries. Where is the sense of something more meaningful in life than just getting ahead coming from - one needs to "believe" in something bigger ...

Status
Not open for further replies.