RIP Patrick Turner

Bless you Tibi after spending a confusing 10 minutes I downloaded and found the files on my PC but then there's a file marked 100w amp 2014 for instance say which only contains images, but then I noticed a html which displays a webpage. Will this html webpage work in future? In the past I downloaded articles as PDF's but the images didn't display properly, so has anyone got the articles saved as PDF's or am I missing something? The only way I can see to get the page in PDF form is to download the text via the webpage, copy that to Libre, then insert the images in the Libre document,then save as a PDF, which is a hell of a lot of work and which I don't think will work as Libre cuts off the images short. f****** computors.

I agree Pat's site was/is an excellent resource, thanks to all who saved a copy and got in touch to share, ain't the same as the site though. Still, better than nowt.

I tried the wayback machine and figured out how to display the site but could see no way to upload it being a complete numpty with computors.

Last edited:
Patrick's site is a gold resource of audio wisdom.
Here is how to use the offline site.
Download the zip file and extract, this will create a directory with website name. Then open directory and look for index.html.
Double click index.html. This will open Patrick's site as it was in original online format. You can browse entire site from your local copy.
Nothing will be lost as long you take care of your files.

Regards,
Tibi

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
there's a file marked 100w amp 2014 for instance say which only contains images, but then I noticed a html which displays a webpage. Will this html webpage work in future?
If Tibi did it right (probably: there are tools for this), the "file with images" is really a folder/directory, and the HTML has the text and links to images in that folder. Often the image folder is the same name as the HTML file it serves. Keep them all together and they will work even if the internet collapses.

I was reading up on some winding calculations and as always turned to his site, only to find it gone. The implication of this dawned instantly as his struggle with cancer hadn't been updated for some time. It is men like Patrick that leave an example of the open pursuit of knowledge and of an art...I would have been poorer in the depth of understanding so many concepts were it not for him.

Tibi et al. The australian web archive is down this AM but : search.digicom.bg is up and seems complete. I used webcopy (free)to download local copy of site . There were 5 errors which have not tripped me up yet (timeouts) but then I did not attempt to add any rules to download. If anyone has more experience on how to use that program, any help appreciated.

Patrick's site is a gold resource of audio wisdom.
Here is how to use the offline site.
Download the zip file and extract, this will create a directory with website name. Then open directory and look for index.html.
Double click index.html. This will open Patrick's site as it was in original online format. You can browse entire site from your local copy.
Nothing will be lost as long you take care of your files.

Regards,
Tibi
I find I've come too late to the party, or rather Wake, and find I've missed your kind link by a week!
Can I ask you to re-offer the link for a little longer?
Patrick did warn of his going and urged people to download a copy , I ought to have done!
Kind regards, Edd.

Here is a link to a zip of his site that Tibi posted to his Dropbox.

This one won't expire.
https://disk.yandex.com/d/f_j2fgVe-9ljVQ
Once again, you can let Tibi have a break. WWW.search.digicom.bg IS Turners website- its not a search, it is a website - currently up as of 5 PM central time. Once you are there if you want to save it to your drive, usb etc. Download "webcopy" which is free ( both $ and virus) and follow the instructions which are so simple that I, a 72 year old with incipient dementia, was able to do it. No broken links which the australian site keeps showing. I agree the naming nomenclature for the site seems odd, but it works. Thank you whoever set it up. FWIW you do not need to bother with setting up rules on webcopy, it works without them.

Interesting. When I click the link I posted, I get the following.

EDIT: It appears the link you shared included a "www." at the beginning. Here's the correct link.

COPY OF TURNER AUDIO WEB SITE

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-02-14 08-58-19.png
    Screenshot from 2022-02-14 08-58-19.png
    31 KB · Views: 132
Am late to this - very late. I had some entertaining conversations with Patrick, during one of which he implored me to employ a scraper and download his site because he didn't know how long he had left, or how long his site would remain up when he was gone. So I did as invited. In that conversation, he also said to me he would like to think his info would remain useful after he'd gone.

His direct-and-to-the-point method of communication, so evident in the writing on his site, was also an accurate indicator of what he was like to speak with.

I've put up my scrape of his site in tribute on my own site, which I will keep there until I get enough grief that I take it down.
On that, before you give me grief... I was invited to do this by Patrick himself.
The link is here, and I have not linked anything on it back to my site, as I am not trying to do any kind of self promotion here, this is a tribute

https://atrad-audio.co.nz/turneraudio/www.turneraudio.com.au/index.html

Edit to add: Reading thru the threads above it seems others have done the same. Excellent. The man's writings didn't disappear!