Revisiting some "old" ideas from 1970's - IPS, OPS

I put Valery’s Tribute 3000 driver board on a Sansui AU-9500 plug-in driver board, changed Sansui’s original T03 output transistors to NJW1308G and NJW3281G changed the emitter resistors to .22 ohm as in Valery’s Tribute OPS but only 2 output pairs instead of 3.

The Sansui has separate transformer windings of 49v for the left and right outputs and a regulated 60V supply for the driver boards.
All the supplies still have the original 45 year old capacitors and components when I did the testing.

Measuring the voltage @ the load I calculate 99.4W per channel before clipping. Definitely worth changing out the old components.

Very good job man! Cool layout of the driver boards :up:

Sansui AU-9500/Tribute 3000

Well I finished replacing all the electrolytic capacitors in the power supply and throughout the amp. I am pleased with the outcome. Well worth the effort.

Now, does anyone have an idea of the cause of the spike on the square wave.

Attachments

• IMG_4950.jpg
    IMG_4950.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 462
That's very nice. What PSU are you using? Are you using the 21st Century controller as well? I think I have those boards. You have inspired me to finish them.

Hi Terry, my power supply is a hybrid ha ha ha.
A bridge, some electrolytics, 75000uf/rail, a second cap bank(jeff's pcb, another board for cap. multiplier and +/-15v regulators..
this on the heatshink)
No, i haven't a protection other than crowbar...
Unfortunately up to now is unprotected.
I have some pcb for 21 century protection but not the microprossesor.

That's very nice. What PSU are you using? Are you using the 21st Century controller as well? I think I have those boards. You have inspired me to finish them.

Hi Terry, my power supply is a hybrid ha ha ha.
A bridge, some electrolytics, 75000uf/rail, a second cap bank(jeff's pcb, another board for cap. multiplier and +/-15v regulators..
this on the heatshink)
No, i haven't a protection other than crowbar...
Unfortunately up to now is unprotected.
I have some pcb for 21 century protection but not the microprossesor.