Revisiting some "old" ideas from 1970's - IPS, OPS

Housing

Small progress, but progress.;)
Yes i know, screws are not ideal but that's i have on hand plus that give the opportunity for micro adjustment on the aluminium plates.
Maybe this is more beautiful.

Attachments

• DSC09589.jpg
    DSC09589.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 314
  • DSC09593.jpg
    DSC09593.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC09594.jpg
    DSC09594.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 296
  • flat head.PNG
    flat head.PNG
    5.4 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Transformers for the new supply arrived. I get the right voltages, and i can adjust rail voltages between 53-70V.
Did also a quick live test on my NS amp using TubSuMo IPS. Initially i got huge offsets(about 10V) and the amp entered in DC protection, this happens if you forget to connect ips supply ground and amplifier ground - stupid me. In the end everything come out fine. I still hear hiss in the speakers.

Attachments

• DSC_0199.jpg
    DSC_0199.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_0200.jpg
    DSC_0200.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC_0202.JPG
    DSC_0202.JPG
    936 KB · Views: 140
Transformers for the new supply arrived. I get the right voltages, and i can adjust rail voltages between 53-70V.
Did also a quick live test on my NS amp using TubSuMo IPS. Initially i got huge offsets(about 10V) and the amp entered in DC protection, this happens if you forget to connect ips supply ground and amplifier ground - stupid me. In the end everything come out fine. I still hear hiss in the speakers.

We need to figure out where your hiss is coming from. Can you measure AC voltage on the output with the input shorted and a dummy load connected to the output? It would be nice to know what sort of levels we are looking for.

How do you like the Tubsumo IPS?

Do

I like it alot. In fact after it put it in the amplifier i did not change it with another ips. The sound is top class, detailed and well balanced. The hights are a little softer than other ips, it is the only ips that i like to listen with the speaker grills off.
It is not a sound to impress, is more like something you can listen on a daily basis without causing fatigue.