Results from "Old Europe"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Results from "Old Europe"

Hello Guys: Here some results of my current setup:
I'm using a Serial 13,8 Inch TFT-Monitor (XGA in Width).
OHP is a Liesegang trainer spezial with 10.000 lumens, 6.000 Kelvin.
I starteds with an Nview Spectra C and continued as follows with a modified TFT monitor on my OHP:

Picture is projected on a 4 x 2 Meter DIY-Screen. For comaparison: I'm 1,89 meters tall. Lower end of screen begins 30 cm above the floor.

More results/details:
my results

Sincerely
Rallafatz from good old germany
I can be found on www.ebay.de, too -> "Suchen" -> "Nach Verkäufer" -> enter: "rallafatz"

Attachments

• dscf0016_top_gun1.jpg
    dscf0016_top_gun1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,578
well moderator I cant modify my previous posts so I am postin again, please dont mind but rallafatz I went to ebay and manged to goto ur place and looks really cool, why? cuz u got video and stuff the only poroblem is I dont speak german otherwise I would surely like to have the video, so until and unless u got the English version its kinda hard to buy,
hope ur workin on it and I will pm u soon askin bout some info on the projector
take care man and amazing results

Can you tell me more about the fabric. I was thinking to try and track it down here but maybe if you can tell me exactly what its used for. Is it used for large painting murals? What kind of paint, spraypaint , oil, watebased , or what type etc...?

What is the texture like? Does it have a heavy grid or somewhat smooth. Does it stretch a bit?

Thank you.

HAAHAAALOLHAA

I must say those are some very nice results you posted there
I have one question tho "what projector are you using to get those results"

You almost had me fooled and i bet lots of ppl were also but next time try turning the ohp around to face the screen if your gonna try to scam ppl

Attachments

• dscf0095-time_to_beam%20gross1.jpg
    dscf0095-time_to_beam%20gross1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,347
Cruser and Moltenrock, If you don't understand german or other languages...

... you have to be careful with inconsiderate pre-assumptions! Read the following explanation carefully completely and you won't say that again!

Freebie and the whole german users have understood my setup instead of you! But no problem: For you two from the fast-firing unit (first firing, then maybe thinking 'bout the consequences) , I'll show and explain you details. Exclusive for both of you, I will repeat it in simple structured and clear english to help you understand my technical setup (as it is completely and detailed explained in ebay germany (german language, Sorry!)):

I'm using a very bright 10.000 Ansi Lumens OHP (Liesegang trainer spezial, 6.000 Kelvin) It projects the Image against a mirror which itself mirrors the image and reflects it to the screen backward to the OHP.

The reason for this unconventional setup is: My TFT-display has a anti-reflexive coating on the front. The light provided by the OHP doesn't pass the Display effectively if the Display is positioned face-up on the OHP. I made some test runs at the beginning and had a huge spot and a washed out image with faced-up-display. This was the start: Afterwards, I recognized that turning the display round and putting it on the OHP face down, the result was great. No spot! Bright and crystal-clear picture with great colors. But what happens If you put a Display on a OHP this way moltenrock (face down)????? Guess what? Stay a while and think about it on your own!

>>>>Right - The projected picture is projected mirrored on the screen if you project it directly on the screen, which means: the projected picture-information which should usually be placed on the left is shown on the right side and inverse (projected picture is flipped horizontally or mirrored on the screen).

So I had to find a solution to get the picture back in its usual position. Software solutions for flipping the projected picture back in its correct horizontal position were out of reach and I recognized, that a simple and usual mirror will do it! Thats the easy explanation for this unconventional setup!

A mirror flips the mirrored picture back in its usual horizontal position! But as you can see as follows, it works great!

look at my illustrated setup with mirror! If you want I can add much more pictures from different angles.

The photographing-position I took for the ebay auction which you posted, was taken behind -and lower- to the mirror. Photographed in direction to the screen. Instead of freebie You didn't mention, that in all of my ebay auctions there is another photo plus a crystal-clear explanation for all of my setup-details!

Additional: If you want to look in the german DIY forum. There is a detailed explained Setup with al the components and their explanation/illustration.
see:
http://web102.sun-15.de/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1533&highlight=rallafatz

Attachments

• dscf0026_setup_gesamtansicht.jpg
    dscf0026_setup_gesamtansicht.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,199
The setup...

...once more...

The OHP with Display on it (face down), the ventilator (cooler fan),
the white barrel with the additional two 7 cm PC-fans inside.

As you can see in my scheme, the way of the light-beam is reflected by two mirrors:
-First of all the mirror of my OHP
-and afterwards: the mirror which reflects the picture to the screen in 4x2 meters.

Higher screen-size would be no problem, but our attic-wall is too small for bigger things. Maybe I should try in summer (open air-cinema, maybe on our neighbours house-wall).
I guess 10 meters without significant loss of light and picture quality must be possible. I'll post It if I've done. Maybe I'm getting a little insane by the size, but aren't we all a little crazy?!

Attachments

• setupklein.jpg
    setupklein.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,656
i thought the same thing as cruser at first but before jumping to conclusions i looked closer and found the mirror but im still wondering how an xga res lcd could provide such a good picture at such a large size? I dont see any screendoor at all!

Now im not sure if my math is correct but it seems that in inches its at least 160 inches diagonal, which is pretty big, at least bigger than most projectors around here, and i rounded down on decimals so image size could actually be bigger, so i dont see how its xga or wxga and that big and not have a little screendoor thats visible in the pics!

screendoor-effect

This it how it looks from half a meter distance:
Believe Me: When you're viewing films with a distance of about 5 Meters to the screen, you don't see any pixelized-effect or something like that. The TFT has a contrast-ratio of 300:1, resolution native 1024 x 768 Pixels, response time of about 30 ms (absolutely liquid Video-Projection even in very fast scenes taken from Top Gun (which is great, if the Aircraft flying across your attic and the earth is shaking!!!!).

additional information to my resolution: because of a not enlengthable flat-flex-cable, I have little part of the circuit card in the picture. But that doesn't matter in 16:9 mode. I easily drag the Window of my DVD-player to the upper end of the screen and no circuit card in sight. In 4:3-mode I do the same. native resolution of the 4:3-box might be abot 800x600 Picels then. But If you think about the native resolution of 4:3, then its almost always PAL-Resolution (720x540 Pixels or somewhat).
So You see: the resolution in case of 4:3-viewing is still acceptable. I recently saw some Music clips from Axel Rudi Pell and Within Temptation in 4:3 and it was great in spite of reduced resolution in 4:3 mode. And be honest: Who of you is building a DIY-beamer for watching 4:3?! I guess 16:9 is the main employment for your setup, isn't it?

See more of my pictures in full size under (klick on thumbnails there to enjoy the pics in full magnificence):
http://people.freenet.de/rallafatz/Beamerbau/thumbnails.html

Attachments

• ohrläpple.jpg
    ohrläpple.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 993
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.