Remote Control for the BPBP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A lot of new info, lets get some order !-P

Commands should be:

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32 -U lfuse:w:0xc4:m -U hfuse:w:0x99:m

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32 -U flash:w:FIRMWARE_FILE_NAME.hex

Regards,
Tibi

With the above commandline i have flashed the new firmware for me personally AND back to the original firmware 1.6.

I noticed that the Loudspeakers relay are not disabled when in standby withe above commandline. Since i have a 5 v supply hooked up to this to power the LED in de Standby switch this is an issue for me.

The personal firmware with the VERY short time gaining Volume-control is to short but worse, also affects other steps in the menu.

THe loss of the remotecontrol setting (Philips by the way) is still present when cutting power

I have flashed back to v1.6 withe commandline:
avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32 -U lfuse:w:0xc4:m -U hfuse:w:0xd9:m

And the problem with the Louspeakerrelays is fixed....

Last edited:
Continue.-- The other questions..

4. Can you elaborate ? what function ? I really do not understand when lose remote programming , because in my testing never lose programming (?) And the routine for IR RC5 say only : "Save RC5 code " and after that "Done ...!!!" and NOT “Saving the EEprom”

Well….this is curious! I had compiled a complete list of all the functions/setting that are lost but now after changing them all they all are saved after a complete change of all the parameters. I suspected the caps to hold power but I waited 10 minutes after power shutdown and the result is the same: all parameters are saved after complete power shutdown…..strange. So this seems to be solved but I don’t understand how…
Just to be sure: all the programmable options are save-able by pushing the Mute button on remote? Even if the the message “ExitSave Eeprom” does not appear?

Thank you very much for your feedback, Gerben !
Is your Samsung S5Neo upgraded to latest Android 7 ?
Nope 6.1 but this is not a big issue so don’t bother !-)

You can change volume as soon you change channel. No need to wait for big characters.
True when using a remote IR or Bluetooth, not when directly accessing the preamp using the select button, it takes 8 secs. Hence the suggestion for a new firmware made by Dan. I still would appreciate if this could be changed.

Well this I can't replicate. Do you have OLED display ? Which manufacturer ?
Sorry the OLED is build in and I would not like to remove it. Pixelpusher has noticed the same. It isn’t a big of a problem !-)

Well….this is curious! I had compiled a complete list of all the functions/setting that are lost but now after changing them all they all are saved after a complete change of all the parameters. I suspected the caps to hold power but I waited 10 minutes after power shutdown and the result is the same: all parameters are saved after complete power shutdown…..strange. So this seems to be solved but I don’t understand how…
Just to be sure: all the programmable options are save-able by pushing the Mute button on remote? Even if the the message “ExitSave Eeprom” does not appear?

Nope 6.1 but this is not a big issue so don’t bother !-)

True when using a remote IR or Bluetooth, not when directly accessing the preamp using the select button, it takes 8 secs. Hence the suggestion for a new firmware made by Dan. I still would appreciate if this could be changed.

Sorry the OLED is build in and I would not like to remove it. Pixelpusher has noticed the same. It isn’t a big of a problem !-)
Please see this new firmware 1.7 for testing :
one with a shorter time (gerben req but a little longer than 1.6 gerben) and one normal (as the old 1.6) ,I have fixed the flicker OLED issue when disable screensaver in big numbers show volume.
Please test and feedback to me.

Attachments

• maya_v_1_7_rays_oled_bpp_ninp_BLE.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 130
  • maya_v_1_7_rays_oled_bpp_ninp_BLE_GERBEN.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 35
Just to be sure: all the programmable options are save-able by pushing the Mute button on remote? Even if the the message “Exit Save Eeprom” does not appear?

Look how it is :
only 5 settings ("Setup overheat ","Warming up time ", "Soft start time ", "Number of input " , "Real gain adjust") give the message “Exit Save Eeprom” after you press the mute button,
another 3 of them are selected by rotating the encoder and they are saved automatically at the choose one (the message in second line of Oled show what is actually saved in EEprom ) no need for mute to be press and this behavior is for :
"Show temperature" , "Remote type ","Screensaver "
Now for the other settings "New remote RC5 " and "Rename input " they have different behavior because this settings are more user dependent[comment][/comment].

Last edited:
Look how it is :
only 5 settings ("Setup overheat ","Warming up time ", "Soft start time ", "Number of input " , "Real gain adjust") give the message “Exit Save Eeprom” after you press the mute button,
another 3 of them are selected by rotating the encoder and they are saved automatically at the choose one (the message in second line of Oled show what is actually saved in EEprom ) no need for mute to be press and this behavior is for :
"Show temperature" , "Remote type ","Screensaver "
Now for the other settings "New remote RC5 " and "Rename input " they have different behavior because this settings are more user dependent[comment][/comment].

Thanks for the clarification!

Please see this new firmware 1.7 for testing :
one with a shorter time (gerben req but a little longer than 1.6 gerben) and one normal (as the old 1.6) ,I have fixed the flicker OLED issue when disable screensaver in big numbers show volume.
Please test and feedback to me.

Thanks!

-Yes, in both versions the flicker around 60 sec is fixed.

-Also, to be clear, all settings are saved when powering off completely

-I noticed that in V1.7 (and V1.6)..after start-up there is delay before you get full control. During this time the Channel and Volume is seen and the “B” in “dB” is moving. This takes 2-3 secs. Not a problem for me but just feedback.

-V1.7 Gerben. Thanks for the personal firmware;)!
Yes the shorter time is OK and no problems when scrolling tru the menu. Also no moving date in standby but this is OK since I have a Led indicating it’s in standby.

I am happy with this one. Thanks again!:)

Geben and Pixelpusher, thank you very much for your excellent feedback !

We are looking to improve Maya even further and add more features.
One is running android and ios applications in background and add more gesture controls.
One gesture is already implemented. Hope you noticed that if you shake your phone this will mute/unmute Maya.

Regards,
Tibi

Geben and Pixelpusher, thank you very much for your excellent feedback !

You're welcome. I really like the stuff you make available for us DIY-ers, Shigaclone is next on the list.

One gesture is already implemented. Hope you noticed that if you shake your phone this will mute/unmute Maya.

Regards,
Tibi

I thought this was a bug in my phone hahahahah! :eek: ...it sometimes happens when the screen is off and i put it down on the table.

Be more gentle with your phone. :D

If you get a call you should mute Maya somehow and for this I have implemented this gesture control.
However, in order to work properly application must run in background. I know how to do this for IOS, but I need to learn more for Android.

Regards,
Tibi

Hello,
Long time i didn't watch this thread. I saw their two new version compare to the 1.5 on your website. Just update to 1.7. Got some graphic bug that seems to disappear after a few power up/down. The screensaver don't work, i try to configure it on the menu but cannot save to rom, what button should i press, seems the mute button on the other setting entry, but it's not working ? if i use any button of the remote in this setting any button make you go back to the first settings screen.

Also still no update of the functions i asked, which are a way to disable the auto standby on startup and set a default attenuation value...

When i build the BPBP and order the maya i didn't saw it needs it's own transformer because it's pretty obvious to me, as it is like this in all my previous preamp, that a preamp keep your settings from previous power down. I don't even know of this "sleeping function" and these 10 sec to wake up. I guess it has been build for tube, but i don't care of tube amp...

Back then i ordered a custom transformer for all the electronic in my build. So now this auto standby on startup function is boring as hell as you need to wait for the maya to power on, waiting for it to standby, then power it on and wait 10 sec for the maya to wake up and then put the attenuation from 63 db to 20 for example... i need to power down my unit often as i also have a soekris dac in my build, for doing some test with filters etc, so it's very boring to have to do this at every power cycle. I know you will say the maya is built to be standby and not power down, but again i don't care of tube and i just won't accept to let something working when i don't use it.

So now please tell me, you said you will integrate these function. So will you do it or not ? I won't wait years for this, I won't blame you as i understand it's not high priority as i seems alone to be annoyed with this. If not i will just sell my maya and BPBP on the vendor bazar.

Last edited:
Ghostmm ,
please read post number #344 on how the setup menu is working, I explained there very clear how the setting sub menu are working.
And believe me there is no bug in 1.7 version as far I am aware of it.
Please test the firmware attached here.
No need to be frustrated for something like this.
At this time no more additional menu or function will be added for this controller Maya Bpbpp.
Best regards.

Attachments

• maya_v_1_7_rays_oled_bpp_ninp_BLE_cst.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Ghostmm ,
please read post number #344 on how the setup menu is working, I explained there very clear how the setting sub menu are working.
And believe me there is no bug in 1.7 version as far I am aware of it.
Please test the firmware attached here.
No need to be frustrated for something like this.
At this time no more additional menu or function will be added for this controller Maya Bpbpp.
Best regards.

No bug ? Got screen corruption (for example the B of dB become white and blink randomly), i thought the screensaver don't work but in fact it take a long time to come, and when i use my IR remote their is often latency (2-3 sec) when i press a button. I didn't have these issues with 1.5.

I ask for these change some time ago and tvicol keep told me "we have noted your request, they will be integrated in a next firmware", so you confirm that it was all ******** as i thought. I will just sell my maya in the vendor bazar, hope some people will find their happiness with it...

No bug ? Got screen corruption (for example the B of dB become white and blink randomly), i thought the screensaver don't work but in fact it take a long time to come, and when i use my IR remote their is often latency (2-3 sec) when i press a button. I didn't have these issues with 1.5.

I ask for these change some time ago and tvicol keep told me "we have noted your request, they will be integrated in a next firmware", so you confirm that it was all ******** as i thought. I will just sell my maya in the vendor bazar, hope some people will find their happiness with it...

I have attached in the previous thread firmware custom made especially for you ( to test and feedback ).
File Type: zip maya_v_1_7_rays_oled_bpp_ninp_BLE_cst.zip (22.3 KB, 0 views)
Hope I have included there all your request in this.
I see you have not downloaded .
Why ?

Last edited:
I am not sure this is the right place to ask for help. I have bought a Maya controller With OLED+BLE+power relay board and volCB from Hans Polak.
The Maya unit starts up fine and can be controlled by an Apple remote, but the volCB board id not responding. When I put a scope on the SCL and SDA, regardless if the volCB is connected or not, thy are both @ +5V and stays there even though the displays say the volume is going up/down or changing input aso...
The bluetooth will not mate with my Android phone. The phone can see the Maya unit, but say there is an error in mating with it.
When I try to select number of inputs, with the select buttom and rotary encoder, I cannot change it from 6 channels. If I use the remote , I can change the number , but I cannot save it...

Please help, it is sort of a boat-anchor for me right now :(

This is not a bug : this is the way I have write the code to blink the B.
Screensaver time extended .
Do not understand what are you say-ing there about latency on IR ?
What are we talking here ?

It seems that when i startup the maya the ir button don't work for a few seconds, it could be the power button or if it work the vol +-.

Sorry if i over react, i misunderstood what you said.

Edit : just flash the firmware, it works far better thank you. It seems i got a bug, when i power up the maya i got a screen corruption with moving white dot when i adjust the volume. I need to standby and power up again to make them disappear.

Last edited:
Hello,
Another thing, related to the bluetooth app. I use android 8.1 with my oneplus one, and both applications doesn't work. The new one never worked, if i try to click on "BLE" i wait forever, and any other button crash the app with "runtime error" "not connected to a bluetooth low energy device".
So i was using the old app that worked since now. I can click on the bluetooth icon and select the maya, it says "bluetooth connected", but nothing happens when i press a button.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.