Reasonable Beginner Bass Amp/Speaker from a Sub and a Speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just ridiculous. If you search you will see I made a 2.2 project out of 2 Logitech X-230 systems. I paid them $45 used for both. I also have a Behringer 40W bass combo amp I bought for $40. Someone with more experience might spit out their drink laughing at this comparison.

Reactions: 1 user
That is a fair point, but there have been so many incorrect technical statements made by you and Randy AND respondents that it is hopeless at this point...
I don't think it is hopeless even at this point. But you expressed your derision first in post #6, and your "nonsense" statement in #8 of this thread, way before most of the discussion happened. :)

Someone with more experience might spit out their drink laughing at this comparison.
So... no test will convince you?

This is just ridiculous. If you search you will see I made a 2.2 project out of 2 Logitech X-230 systems. I paid them $45 used for both. I also have a Behringer 40W bass combo amp I bought for $40. Someone with more experience might spit out their drink laughing at this comparison.
X-230 and the Z623 are very different beasties, so it is a good thing that I recently switched to a Logitech G213 too! It has a spill resistant keyboard, it was safe to see them compared and use to judge the other

Croc
Would you allow me some off-topic bass guitar making stuff too? It just might make someone's day with great entertainment value. But then it might risk further upsets

Typing the word guitar brings some musings to mind. The instrument resembles ancient Indian instruments, E.g. the Rudhra Veena. The translations from Sanskrit describe the instrument that Shiva used to bring the universe into existence. This appears to be a 4 string, twin bodied acoustic bass that could be played to make a "om" sound like "onnngk". I love seeing all the love given to creating gorgeous spinoffs like the double bass, electric bass, U-bass and bass synths. It's great to see the love, especially in pics of fine instruments. I would love to show our efforts into making one that upset a lot of people as everyone told me that I can't be done in a thread in this forum. That's about the time the taxi industry collapsed and we went broke. I didn't have the means to spare funds from the family budget back then, so couldn't finish it with the parts that I wanted. Now I have it here, with the body work almost completed and the jewellery effects ready to be applied to cover some bad work. This one is called "shorty". Instead, I had brought the cheapest pickups and used the strings from a second hand bass purchase on a bit of off cut from this build and made "planky" and left it aside. There is a hair-raising story about planky and our bass journey, but that will sound like nonsense to most people

Another musing is, the guitar seems to have a Hindi name. Is this true?

Back to the topic
I think I have given enough specifics on my implementation to get anyone started. If anyone has the aptitude to go after a project like this, it would be a given that they can work a lot of it out by themselves and the whole forum is here to lend a hand if needed. The system has served a purpose for me and taught me one of the options that will enable a live bass player to sound like a studio recording of Robbie Shakespeare without plugging into desks and pedals and effects and cab mics and things and I have found 4 drivers that can do what the Z623 can. Only one of them is similar in output. The other 3 get hugely more powerful with thermal ratings. I have just ordered three more large class d amps from Eric for the development of 3 of the prototypes. The first one is done, I call it "Bageera". It has a 10" driver and a 1kw amp and two of my Uf'fornica channel strips. I have installed a full digital workshop for this project with a large format 3D printer and a laser and CNC router. Pics are the only things that I can share about the evolution post Z623. I am happy to help with any, how to questions on the Z623 though

Here is a link to what to expect from a Z623 for a native tone. With only a basic universal preamp circuit and a knob for trimming incoming signal to the pre. The tone is much like the recording of the bass guitar in this song

To hear what kind of sound, only try the link with a sub that can have a reserve of around 200w and turn up the bass and keep the volume about average family room movie volume

This is what is sounds similar to straight in into low frequency mono section. You can play this track and turn the bass down, add a sequenced kick to bring its bass back, then play bass with the Z623 alongside as cab. If you can handle strings like that, you will sound very similar and fill the song back up. I have more links to show how it can sound with the Yamaha feeding into one of the stereo inputs if anyone is interested. I will have to decline at any measuring and testing of this as it is not in my interests to present this
(correct link now)

Thanks and regards
Randy

Last edited:
"Sockpuppet" ... now that is funny.. sorry to say though it does very strongly seem that way.

"Till one side concedes"......... The only person that thinks there is a competition here is you.

It's got to be obvious that the people who tried to help are mostly now following this thread for the fascinating entertainment of randy's philosophical musings & life story and your devotion and respect for him.

It's definitely a feel good story... :)

"Sockpuppet" ... now that is funny.. sorry to say though it does very strongly seem that way.
To that I can only point out that myself (and Randy too I think) are here under our own names (mine is in profile), and I am also with my own face (not sure about Randy - but it might be him on the avatar). You are anonymous, check12, are you really in a position to call anyone "sockpuppet"? :)

"Sockpuppet" is a quote from another member above that's why it's in quotation marks, you need to keep up with your own thread Crocobar.

Wrong again Croc! I didn't call you that, just commented on the fact that sadly it seems so appropriate.

How many multiple times is that now that you have quoted me completely incorrectly trying to put words in my mouth???

I'm beginning to wonder if you and your mentor are just trolling the experienced members on this forum.

I'm glad I finally went and read randy's link that you pointed out... Now I am in no doubt of why randy avoids all technical conversation and instead fends that interest off with insults.

So it turns out 1 year ago randy needed help from experienced members for almost every step of his little junk part bass amp project, clueless about even some of the most basic "electronics 101" level stuff but now only one year later he has decided that he can insult lifelong and professionally qualified people (who were only trying to help) and makes claims that his knowledge and abilities are so good now that they regularly upset long time pro's who just can't comprehend his level of ability! 😅😂🤣
If you don't understand that or know how to set levels to suit equipment, then this is beyond you. No amount of explaining is going to change your mindset
LOL, I started off thinking this was a serious thread with the OP looking for real help from people's years of experience.... But it turns out it's two absolute beginners trading off each other and trying to claim superiority & respect over litteraly everybody else.

Really just a bad case of "superiority delusion" dealt out in a troll like style.

Get it straight randy.. You maybe upsetting some members here but that upset has NOTHING to do with your knowledge or self imagined ability.

What a waste of time, don't tell me your both flat earther's too?.... 😜😂🤣😂😅🤣😂🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Well, regardless of what you imagine, check12, I did ask for specific advice, and I got it: mostly, from Randy, but also from a couple other people. Even you contributed something useful early on. Is it surprising that I like what Randy provided given that his input on topic was 20 times of the rest combined? I can wade through an occasional mistake or a strong opinion that he might have made or presented. All big boys and girls here.

On one hand, it is a pity that a couple of old timers got their panties in a bunch on the topic. But in a way, it is informative too. I was able to discern in a stream of butthurt some value in the traditional approach, and the attitude is... colorful and instructive.

So all good on my end.

I try not to enjoy the bickering as much as you claim to do because it is a lowly pleasure in my book. But I am not perfect and i do enjoy it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.