• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ready-to-Run (RTR) SSR DC Speaker Protection and Delay GB

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi X,

Since the instant off module wil power the SSR, I assume that the output from the instant off connects to the power input of the SSR, and the SSR molex output on the FH9 amp board is no longer needed/connected. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi X,

Since the instant off module wil power the SSR, I assume that the output from the instant off connects to the power input of the SSR, and the SSR molex output on the FH9 amp board is no longer needed/connected. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Correct. You don’t need to use the SSR PSU output pin on the FH9HVX.

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Hey X,

I ordered some of the SSR speaker protection boards v2.3, and when I placed my order I also ordered parts from mouser for the schematic in the lower right of the attached image assuming it was for the little black daughter boards. Now that I have the daughter boards in hand and getting ready to assemble them today, I am feeling confused.

My assumption is that I would populate the daughter boards with the parts from the attached schematic, and just leave out the parts not on the board? As in, no transistors and R3?

Attachments

• 0004D061-EAB4-4C93-A609-5F63BCD99E0F.jpeg
    0004D061-EAB4-4C93-A609-5F63BCD99E0F.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 225
  • daughter-boards.jpg
    daughter-boards.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 211
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The boards you have are v2.3 and are a simple diode bridge and capacitor low capacitance PSU. The schematic you have is for the older version which has transistors for switching the logic. The v2.3 is simply a very small PSU that shuts down quickly. Here is a photo of the parts needed: 4 diodes, a cap, an LED and resistor. There is a schematic somewhere on this or the other thread. Much simpler as doesn’t require extra logic wires to the SSR.
1645814556398.jpeg

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thanks X, I left a reply in the FH9HVX thread as to what I had measured on the molex output from my instant off module (0V DC). I am going to rebuild the 2 modules, hence my post above.

So my transformer is an AN3436, dual secondaries are 36 V each. I tapped into both the blue/green secondary wire and brought those down to the Molex entry on the instant off board. After the diodes, the wires join to the positive side as shown in your self drawn image. After the halfway bridge, I should be about 24V DC, if you agree with my reasoning. So I see that I should be using a 10K value.

I do have 2 - 10K resistor's, they are 2 W variety that were spares from another project. I am not sure if they should/could / be used. Maybe best to wait until I can get some 10K resistors. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
MM