Raal's new omnidirectional Ribbons

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
I have a feeling the omni ribbon will be more than 2000 EUR each. I remember Aleks/Gerner showing pictures of its construction and for small quantity by hand construction it takes many hours to build plus its his statement product which always carry a premium.

My guess is 10000Euro for a pair of those drivers which wouldn't be so bad considering there's 32 tweeters for that price. Still a driver with a very small market but it goes with the territory of these statement products.

angeloitacare said:

Gerner

you can rave about whatever you want, no problem with that. I am just questioning it a little bit, since it is a big move just in a completely oposit direction.... there are however some design decisions, which i am not " getting " yet ..... ;) is there something wrong to ask to explain some things ..... ?

Angelo

It's not in this case about raving some things for the benefit of friends, what we all have around. I'm just trying to clarify a bit of misundertanding a few things re. this partricular speaker that I bought, and replacing the my belowed horns.

That doesn't degrade my horns SQ at all. They are IMO still the best horns I owned until so far.
You are fishing about how come that I start to rave what I found the best sound for me and want an explanation in a scientific way: * how come this guy changes his speakers.*

My Goddness, is that of importance to you who loves horns as well as I do?

What does all this bring Angelo...what if I changed the color of my walls ..would you concern.

Now if you have questions that can teach you anything...I think the company behind this product is the *who* you should address and not me. And not question me what I feel is best for me.

Even this speaker is adressing microphones way of capturing sound under the recording process and is expressing that as a living fact, because it is a point source mike just reproducing what the mike captured for our pleasures with it's used technologies....
What have that do with horns, which try to make the room indifferent being beamers point source or not.

I feel to you that this is just a universe that you neither understand.

Just take as an example. When you speak your voice out, what is the horn doing? You want to speak trough a megaphone or what to be heard or repected.

I'm not the guy to expose what I know on those omnies. And you are wellcome to comment and ask WHY? That I find it better. And furthermore..on this forum nobody cares why I find those speakers better from day one to two or so. I have followed this develoment for quite some time. Yeas a year.

So what you are asking me to explain here..is just not possible for men to tell you..as I had nothing to do with it. It's is not my DIY project.
And then ask RAAL REQUISITE to give you answers. And how do you think they will respond to your questions? Being just me chaging colors on the wall. ????????

And do you think there is only one way to Rome... He..no.

Come on pal ...the world is bigger than this little detail you are adressing.

Look at the drawing you posted and your alternative...I think that those here who can think, is able to see your illustration as totally *flop*

Mail me personally and don't spill peoples limited time on this topic.

Hallelujah...
Gerner

calm down , Gerner....

by asking things , we learn.

I'm just trying to clarify a bit of misundertanding a few things re.

this is exactly what i am asking you to do. Otherwise, what are we doing here ? :D

They are IMO still the best horns I owned until so far.

that will Bert make happy to hear.

what if I changed the color of my walls ..would you concern.

that's not what i have asked you. But some specific questions on statements you made.

I think the company behind this product is the *who* you should address and not me.

Unfortunately manufacturers don't like to show up on public forums , to discuss their products, since it looks like they are promoting just their own stuff... since i am not a potential buyer, i don't want to take Aleks's time....

I feel to you that this is just a universe that you neither understand.

that's why i make questions.... i want to understand it better....

.I think that those here who can think, is able to see your illustration as totally *flop*

no problem with me. Could you point them out ?

Angelo

ShinOBIWAN said:
I've got the deepest respect for Alex at RAAL and without even hearing them and just knowing what's come before with the sort of audio personality he puts into products, its easy to see that this will be a design that is made to please the ear and respect that music is being reproduced not mechanics, theory or data.

If I was a rich man, I'd have Eternity myself, sadly I'm not but the best of luck with your purchase. I know Alex will make sure you are 100% satisfied with them before he's happy.

Gerner if I may ask, how much are the Eternity roughly? Email me if you like since price tags can be controversial at times.

Dear Shin

Without my conclusions yet to forward. I'll tnik about 100.000USD retail in US approx. A pair.
Including a 300 wattage tube amp to controll the bass.

I think.

Best,
Gerner

angeloitacare said:
calm down , Gerner....

by asking things , we learn.

this is exactly what i am asking you to do. Otherwise, what are we doing here ? :D

that will Bert make happy to hear.

that's not what i have asked you. But some specific questions on statements you made.

Unfortunately manufacturers don't like to show up on public forums , to discuss their products, since it looks like they are promoting just their own stuff... since i am not a potential buyer, i don't want to take Aleks's time....

that's why i make questions.... i want to understand it better....

no problem with me. Could you point them out ?

Angelo

Angelo...no so to speak.... everything is not to be pointet out. As you are not interested, why waste time on this. You put an D'appolito drawing in on your drafts posted. Illustrating the Eternaties being lunatic. Huhaaaa...
And that doesn't reflect nessecarely and answering to your contribution to make this particular speaker uniqie and imginary much better.

Smart postings of yours, but ask the manufactuerers what is their deal.

Why do you keeping me as an hostage to answer what you would think about speakers you never heard? Explore and hear for yourself. And then come up with questions that is relevant to you and your life.

There is no deal here for you. As those guys behind this speakers will not allowe for any copy and paste. This unique device is making their bread and butter. You calm down and don't make this a buzz on a forum of so called DIY'ers

May I kindly ask you not to dig into this magnificant creation? Through me....

Gerner

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
gerner said:

Dear Shin

Without my conclusions yet to forward. I'll tnik about 100.000USD retail in US approx. A pair.

I think.

Best,
Gerner

Impressive price tag but I can at least see value with 30x mid ranges, 32x tweeters, 10x 15" bass drivers and active bass section. $100k is figure that is completely beyond any budget I could muster so its a seemingly scary proposition. Its like anything else though, if you've got the budget then I guess spending $100k is like me spending $10k. We notice the money has gone but don't think too much about it since we're enjoying ourselves and its within our financial comfort zone.

I'm sure I'll hear more once you start to get plans in motion. I'll certainly have to visit you and Alex once its all brought together.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
gerner said:

Angelo...no so to speak.... everything is not to be pointet out. As you are not interested, why waste time on this. You put an D'appolito drawing in on your drafts posted. Illustrating the Eternaties being lunatic. Huhaaaa...
And that doesn't reflect nessecarely and answerering to your contribution to make this particular speaker uniqie and imginary much better.

I actually like Angelo suggestion of a cut down version of the Eternity in WMTMW form.

The MTM allows closer spacing of the mids to the tweeters compared to the last couple of rows of the Eternity's mids and the bass is kept integrated and compact. Its a neat alternative for a cheaper version that wouldn't match the Eternity in some area's but would be nice all the same.

Alex should make this as the next model down from the Eternity :D

ShinOBIWAN said:

Impressive price tag but I can at least see value with 30x mid ranges, 32x tweeters, 10x 15" bass drivers and active bass section. $100k is figure that is completely beyond any budget I could muster so its a seemingly scary proposition. Its like anything else though, if you've got the budget then I guess spending $100k is like me spending $10k. We notice the money has gone but don't think too much about it since we're enjoying ourselves and its within our financial comfort zone.

I'm sure I'll hear more once you start to get plans in motion. I'll certainly have to visit you and Alex once its all brought together.

Shin...

Retail pricing and the 20% discount. ...Is seen before. Hell you are right that the cost price producing those speakers is not a 40 Pounds dinner.
It's hell expensive to produce. So retail prices is something everyone can negotiate,...but that is not of the benefit of the producers....Who has to charge their costs + a little cake on the table every now and then.

Who ever can afford it is not just as the world is today. Russians can, far east can...we Europeans seems not to to be able to....And maybe we don't just like it, ewen we do.

He....

Gerner

ShinOBIWAN said:

I actually like Angelo suggestion of a cut down version of the Eternity in WMTMW form.

The MTM allows closer spacing of the mids to the tweeters compared to the last couple of rows of the Eternity's mids and the bass is kept integrated and compact. Its a neat alternative for a cheaper version that wouldn't match the Eternity in some area's but would be nice all the same.

Alex should make this as the next model down from the Eternity :D

Hi Shin

This attempt has been tried out and found not valid for the ballroom experience.

Aleks is working an on a baby which is more in line with your proposal. We will see when he is presenting that.

A baby of the Eternities....

Gerner

I actually like Angelo suggestion of a cut down version of the Eternity in WMTMW form. The MTM allows closer spacing of the mids to the tweeters compared to the last couple of rows of the Eternity's mids and the bass is kept integrated and compact. Its a neat alternative for a cheaper version that wouldn't match the Eternity in some area's but would be nice all the same. Alex should make this as the next model down from the Eternity

Shin

thanks on your comment :)

I think that those here who can think, is able to see your illustration as totally *flop*

considering Gerners comment, you are however not able to think.... :D

gerner said:

Dear Shin

I think.

Best,
Gerner

tinitus said:
Personally I would feel very sick if I should listen to music through such expencive components:yuck:

Maybe you just have what your nick name claims. You, I asume , a DIY'er , you will not pay in that league ever...but DIY. I hope certainly not you are getting sick from nothing.

DIY

Gerner;)

ABJensen said:
It could be DIYed.If you have the time :D .

Det er rigtigt ABJ...

Well the company did do it yourself....they are just a company of which they make a living and the a lot of passion behind it.

Just to develope such a monster, everyone know it cost more than the profit you get for the first sales.

So is it for all industries in the whole world.

That's why I always claim that DIY is not always the cheepest ticket to China.

I realized that for too many years to believe that.

I have no idea what it costed me DIY throughout the years, but I think I would be the owner of a couple of Roll Royces, if the mone thrown after audio were spent on cars instead of.

venlig hilsen
Gerner

ABJensen said:
I know gerner.I im in the proces.Damn the money are floading out :smash:

Hehe..ABJ..let's make a DIY Forum that illustrates, not copying, but development.

There it will be exposed that dealing with such things is just sucking our wallet empty.

There then, everybody can throw in their two cents in developing audio.

Why is a Ferrari expensive? Is there any need to question that? And without questioning......... their orderbook is full.

Gerner

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.