Raal's new omnidirectional Ribbons

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here a similar solution :

466105239_c9368b3d01.jpg

Re: new homepage

angeloitacare said:
here the new homepage of the RAAL Requisite's :

http://www.raal-requisite.com/

Yes you find my mispelled little rave there....The Eternity speakers will dress my new 100 m2 listening theater designed and made by Rainer Weber, the room magician from Regensburg, Germany, who from http://www.akustiksystem.de/.

My new listening room will be ready i approx. 2 years as I am just in the design phase now with the new house contaning my sound theater. The plot has been bought and legalised.

So waiting waiting waiting for that, but The Eternity speakers I already ordered and are waiting for them now, to replace my Swings from BD-Design.

I don't think I need to rave more about the omnies, just add that they will benefit very much being placed in my excisting 100 m2 room. Not in a hotel room.
And my Wavac MD805-m's will take care of the Eternities.

So if any of you here on the European continent will like to be shocked a bit, my doors are open.

Cheers
Gerner

Re: Re: new homepage

And my mispelling in corect GB language..is not for me to correct and edit to make it up right, is destroyed after one has read what I wrote initially without reading glasses or without....as soon as one person read it or 30 minutes passed. No way out.

I meant of course that Rainer and Kaiser is a joint for making room teathers.

Hope that is clarifying my missery post.

Thanks

Gerner.

Hi Angelo

No surprises my dear. I wrote my little review from the heart with no interest than just sharing my impression on the Eternity and that speakers are fabulous given the right circumstances. But all speakers hve circumstances to be dealth with. One thing is the room size in this case.

I will still defend the Swings as they did not becme worse because of the Eternity was born. The Swings are fantastic speakers...but I must admit to enjoy music from The Eternities is overwhelmingly fantastic.
For me the real thing, and I will not miss my horns as The Eternity is just as fast if not faster even.

Look me as a 40 years experienced DIY buy a commersial product I did not do my self? How about that recomandations.

Cheers
Gerner

Gerner

5 x 15" woofers for each speaker is a lot. That meens 10 x 15" woofers total. With so many, you have enough power for a big cinema. I doubt you will need them, even in a big room like yours. No wonder, the Requisite sounded boomy at so small rooms like at RMAF. Might a position of the drivers, to get almost point source not be better ? For example with two woofers, one firing upwards, and one downwards, omnidirectional ? Some have pointed out, to have the possibility, to be able to attenuate the backwards firing drivers, would be helpful for room tuning. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement this. A thin column would also be more elegant, and take less space in a living room.

Angelo

omnidirectionaldick.jpg

angeloitacare said:
Gerner

5 x 15" woofers for each speaker is a lot. That meens 10 x 15" woofers total. With so many, you have enough power for a big cinema. I doubt you will need them, even in a big room like yours. No wonder, the Requisite sounded boomy at so small rooms like at RMAF. Might a position of the drivers, to get almost point source not be better ? For example with two woofers, one firing upwards, and one downwards, omnidirectional ? Some have pointed out, to have the possibility, to be able to attenuate the backwards firing drivers, would be helpful for room tuning. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement this. A thin column would also be more elegant, and take less space in a living room.

Angelo

omnidirectionaldick.jpg

Angelo if you have 5 drivers mounted in a cube like this the 6th side of the cube is open...So an open baffle. Not cancelling as much as a traditonal dipole though. Look your self and think why.
At The RMAF the active amps, driving those cube subs were smashed by the transpotation company. Bad luck. But the Eternity comes with a very powerful tube amp. to take care of the bass. And it's filtering.
So of course it was not possible in 2 hours to create another solution...and if someone heard boomy bass there this is part of the explanation. Another part..being unable to do a prrt about it, it just had to play as i could under those circumstances.

This system, however beating everything else, IMO, is not about point source or using 1,2, 3 or 100 drivers to do their job.

It is a piston where the acoustical centers of the drivers by nature is exactly in the center of all it's circular construction.

It is purely constructed to do opposite of an omnidiretional mike. Can it be better then?

Gerner

Gerner

it seems you found a new baby to rave about....

yesterday , it were the Swing's " beating everything else ".

today the RAAL Requisites....

and what will be tomorrow ?? ;)

It is a piston where the acoustical centers of the drivers by nature is exactly in the center of all it's circular construction.

so what does that mean , and how influence sound ?

It is purely constructed to do opposite of an omnidiretional mike. Can it be better then?

i don't think one thing has much to do with the other. When reproduce a recorded event, you have to deal with completely different things, like room acoustics , etc. You choose now exactly the oposit of hornspeakers, which are higly directional. If you do not like MBL's, what makes you feel different in regard of the Requisites ? What do they better ? since the room - speaker interaction is a essencial part of the sound perception...

Angelo

tinitus said:
It has been mentioned before...how on earth do they manage to squeeze all those big woofers into such small "place"...I suppose a lot of Eq is needed

Factually no...not much EQ is used due to the lower permity to cancel that much. But it's an open baffle, no doubt about it. Or call it a compact cab with the shortest and unseen diameter BR port. Just to put it differently.

It's reasonable to let the, on pictures, exposed big empty hole on the sixth side of the cube backfirering. That is about ethichs and outlook from the front side, if we can call this speaker having a front side? But you can rotate it according to likes.

The EQ functionalities were lost in the smashing amps happening, and who travels 10.000 km to just care spare amps. to solve unforseen accidents?

So RAAL-REQUISITE had to do passive filtering in two hours to just show a bit of what they are capable off.

I fully understand that many doesn't grasp the idea in the concept here, even very clever guyes it seems doens't, but as earlier told this is different my friends. Very much indeed.

Hear this in a different room and the amps belonging to them and fainth down.
Nothing is able to produce the real thing like these speakers, sorry again IMO.

Feel welcome to go banans that an omni principal must flaw because of walls and what do I know.

Just place them symetrical in your room and get blessed.

But all this *I cannot believe* + *I can believe* where are the guys who ever heard this thing shining? Nowhere for the moment, except a few.

It a completely new born baby. And don't call that baby stupid before you handshaked with it. Dunno.

I heard authorities blabbering about solutions for such a constructions...and ahhh very disappointing suggestions were comming in. I can hardly believe even reviewers came up with suggestions as they did. They did not hear the real thing or is it because they know no more than the expose they do?

Well....John Lennon: Let it be....

Cheers
Gerner

Gerner

angeloitacare said:
Gerner

it seems you found a new baby to rave about....

yesterday , it were the Swing's " beating everything else ".

today the RAAL Requisites....

and what will be tomorrow ?? ;)

so what does that mean , and how influence sound ?

i don't think one thing has much to do with the other. When reproduce a recorded event, you have to deal with completely different things, like room acoustics , etc. You choose now exactly the oposit of hornspeakers, which are higly directional. If you do not like MBL's, what makes you feel different in regard of the Requisites ? What do they better ? since the room - speaker interaction is a essencial part of the sound perception...

Angelo

Angelo

Apple and pears..How can you forbid me to rave on one thing I like and then another thing I like better. Do you want to stop evolution just because of my raves?
What is your point?

I knew this product comming before any of you did. So what?

Horns is your child and was mine too, until I hear I have been beaten. And that doesn't matter to me who made what i cannot do. I want the best for me. That's all.

Don't please start up conspiration theories who actually killed J.F. Kennedy.

There is nothing to concern about here. Calm down. I'm just a normal entuisiast.

I said nothing bad about horns. Where do you read that?

My taste is not the topic here and nobody is interested in neither of us tastes. I think your response is a bit out of track here.

My 2 pence spent on all this.

Hear and understand. Like or don't like. What is the point discussing this? I just explained a bit about some clarifications here.

RAAL-REQUiSITE have an e-mail address send the complaint to them about the product, but keep my raves just unimportant to anyone, except my self.

What I like most tomorrow I will let you know. If it has any damn importanse to you.

Ciaooooooo
Gerner

Apple and pears..How can you forbid me to rave on one thing I like and then another thing I like better. Do you want to stop evolution just because of my raves? What is your point?

Gerner

you can rave about whatever you want, no problem with that. I am just questioning it a little bit, since it is a big move just in a completely oposit direction.... there are however some design decisions, which i am not " getting " yet ..... ;) is there something wrong to ask to explain some things ..... ?

Angelo

angeloitacare said:

Gerner

you can rave about whatever you want, no problem with that. I am just questioning it a little bit, since it is a big move just in a completely oposit direction.... there are however some design decisions, which i am not " getting " yet..... ;) is there something wrong to ask to explain some things ..... ?

Angelo

No Angelo....you may question me about everything and maybe contest or agree.

But your post was abuot if I'm skizo or just a normal person. U know from one day to another I rave as I like.

So please allowe me to have my oppinons the way they come. As you mention..one day hons and day two another concept. OK?

Why do you have problems with that?

I donont' want to throw myself into arguments about what is the best speaker in the world. Who decides ..decides...

Me converting from horns to omnies...why is that so interesting?

Let anyone judge that. And still I don't care.

Your have your ways..I have mine. Pardon, in deep respect to what anyone likes.

So it is my friend....

Gerner

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
I've got the deepest respect for Alex at RAAL and without even hearing them and just knowing what's come before with the sort of audio personality he puts into products, its easy to see that this will be a design that is made to please the ear and respect that music is being reproduced not mechanics, theory or data.

If I was a rich man, I'd have Eternity myself, sadly I'm not but the best of luck with your purchase. I know Alex will make sure you are 100% satisfied with them before he's happy.

Gerner if I may ask, how much are the Eternity roughly? Email me if you like since price tags can be controversial at times.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
My guess :D
The omni "ribbons" in the neighbourhood of 2000 EUR each, multiply that with a factor 10 and you have the price of Eternity...with or without amp, doesnt matter
But they compete with million dollar systems, so it may probably even be "cheap"

Well, that even a cheap copy will be too expencive fore many of us doesnt mean it isnt interesting though :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.