quasar amplifier by dr bora 1000 watt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
with one psu can i supply left and right? or need two psu?

No need for separate PSU. Both "sides" are connected to the same point on PSU just with separate "heavy" wires for "left" and "right" side.

is it ok the 5watt resistors mounting. see the pdf.

It is not designed for such positioning of source resistors, but it is on you how will you arrange that. It will work in both versions.

hi boraomega,
pls , can u tell me the direction of those presets correct or not?
any suggestions of this layout.?

Attachments

• Snap1.png
    Snap1.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 506
Sorry Wattaniya, due to my health issues and various family and business activities, I am not and can not be very regular forum visitor. I also neither have time nor strength to analyze and answer every question and it comes 30-50 Emails average every day and on top of that there are threads on various forums... On the other hand, if you chose to make your own PCB design, you should be able to check if it is OK or not.

Hi,

old Thread, I dont know somebody interested

5 years no postings, Dr. Bora website also is offline,
I dont know what happened with him, no new postings

During Summertime, i get big boring,.....in this case I have redesigned PCB Quasor 1000W / 4 OHM Mosfet Amp for SMD devices 170 x 80 mm

and want compare sound quality Quasor Mosfet 1000W RMS v/s similar High Power Class-D Amplifier D4K5

Does Quasor Amplifier Dr. Bora Design 100 % working ?

Attachment picture Quasor Mosfet Amp for test with 1 mosfet pair.

I can share Gerber,...

Attachments

• 3D View Quasor.jpg
    3D View Quasor.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 309
  • 3D View Quasor backside.jpg
    3D View Quasor backside.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 304
  • Quasor PCB pic.jpg
    Quasor PCB pic.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 331
look attachment original schematic have some faults, missing miller capacitorat driver Amp will oscillate Update PDF my revised schematic P1 and P2 is for overload and short circuit protection circuit P3 + 10V Bootstrap for symmetrical clipping

Attachments

• Quasor FINAL 10092019_SCH.PDF
    26.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Legend Quasor update.gif
    Legend Quasor update.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 341
if I'm not mistaken Dr Bora Passed Away in 2016.
RIP Dr Bora.

Hi,

old Thread, I dont know somebody interested

5 years no postings, Dr. Bora website also is offline,
I dont know what happened with him, no new postings

During Summertime, i get big boring,.....in this case I have redesigned PCB Quasor 1000W / 4 OHM Mosfet Amp for SMD devices 170 x 80 mm

and want compare sound quality Quasor Mosfet 1000W RMS v/s similar High Power Class-D Amplifier D4K5

Does Quasor Amplifier Dr. Bora Design 100 % working ?

Attachment picture Quasor Mosfet Amp for test with 1 mosfet pair.

I can share Gerber,...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.