Purveyor; a dynamite small 3-way with concussive tendencies....

No tilt necessary, optimized for okay response just above tweeter axis as well.

I think on a console would be fine with baffle at about a foot to 2 feet from the front wall, we'll say 6' spread L to R with tweeter and mid to the inside position. Just make sure the front face of the speaker is in line with the front face of the console, or just forward of it to prevent reflections off the console's top surface. They work with the room and loading will work well here.

Free standing on stands is also agreeable.

I don't recommend a totally dead or treated room either, as the tweeter can become dull in this situation and away from walls.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Wolf!! Do you hear that.....?
A newly born set of Purveyors is singing!🥳
It was a slow go with a few bumps in the road, but the Purveyors came to life today. This was a challenge to make sure everything fit inside the small cabinet but it all worked out, your illustrated cab diagram was a perfect reference. I was able to squeeze a set of binding posts on the rear panel to the side of the off-centered passive radiator. The XO was tested before installed onto the chamber dividing wall. My plan was to be able to service the XO once the speakers are assembled but I don't think the XO will every be removed. I played around with some sound deadening materials and ended up with Noico sheets applied to the walls, base, lid and a chunk of ROXUL between PR and woofer and loosely packed in the mid/tweet chamber. All seams and drilled holes were sealed up, the chambers are independent and airtight. This made a big difference in sound, tightening up the midrange detail. Unfortunately, I will not be able to prime, sand and paint until the weather warms up. I don't have access to a ventilated climate controlled indoor space for proper paint curing.
These speakers like some power! 25W Class A amps are a no go here, I've whipped out the AB and D's to drive these :ROFLMAO:.
Thanks for sharing this stout, compact 3-way speaker Wolf!! This has been a very enjoyable and fun build. Best of all, the Purveyors sound very good with just about 8hrs of playing so far.....
:cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpeg
    IMG_0446.jpeg
    533.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0468.jpeg
    IMG_0468.jpeg
    644.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    560.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0474.jpeg