Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

Missing pictures

Something happened to the pictures in post #829. I have uploaded them to the DIYAudio server again, and am re-posting them here.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Zen Mod,

After trying your recommendations in post #866 I was still unable to zero the offset. Thinking it could be a large Vgs difference between N and P channels, I purchased IRF510 and IRF9510 devices and was able to obtain closely matched pairs. I also found matched pairs of both types that had relatively close figures. The Pumpkins now have IRF510 pairs with Vgs around 3.71V and IRF9510 pairs with Vgs around 3.57V.
Unfortunately replacing the MOSFETs did not resolve the offset problem. In fact the offset measured between TP1 (as shown in post #839) and GND is now over 9V! Before soldering the new MOSFETs I installed them on the heat sink and tested for short circuits. Do you think any of the other transistors could have been damaged during testing and adjusting? What should I do next?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
here we go again

so , absolute offset being positive , which means lower half (current sources ) is not opened enough ...... either decrease current through LTP (do not go lower of 10-12mA (5-6mA per side) or decrease slightly source resistance of lower mosfets

which LED diodes you're using ?

what is voltage at D1 anode , ref. to gnd ?

After a few years distracted by other hobbies ......

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It's finally finished! Thanks for your help along the way Zen Mod.