Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

I put some IRF840's in and the unit test's fine(very brief test). I have 15 IRF610's coming from an Aussie eBay dealer so hopefully they will come within a few days.

All i need now is a pot, I am thinking could I use part of the lighternote I have currently in use? One concern is the minimun volume setting as I am building 110db sensitive horns?

Not sure, I am not that smart or knowledgable, still learning.

Amp's are Aleph J's which are nearly finished.

Out of interest the complete system will be as follows
Diy Slate and acrylic TT
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/168284-my-tt-build-3.html
Dl103R Cart

HPS 5.1 Phono
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/167360-hps-5-1-a.html

Pumpkin

Aleph J's

4 Way horns
Fane 8m, 200hz LeCleach
Yamaha 6681b 400hz LeCleach
Fostex T500A MKII
Bass TBA

I hope to avoid digital X-Over so am looking at Passive line level for X-Over.

Here's my Shuntky / Pumpkin Stereo Pair

All I can say is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING

The GREEN GROUND wire that you see at the top left was experimental during build, it was eventually tidied away but connected to the IEC socket instead of the screw hole used in the photo.

Zen-Mod is wonderful and very helpful, I had a few problems which were quickly and easilly resolved. That is the DIY spirit.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Incidentally the two transformers were not used, one for each channel. I just happened to have 2 x 50VA 20-0-20V Transformers which were perfect for 40-0-40V use.

Hi Andy and good year !Please why did you use that connection between the heatsink and chassis? You've got yourself a problem of background noise initially? It seems to me that by touching with my hands sinks the noise varies, please could you give me some advice?

Thanks in advance

Antonio.

What is the preferred front-end (voltage gain stage) for a single-ended F4?

I am looking at the BA3 FE, Pumpkin, Blowtorch, and various opamps. The difficulty is getting enough voltage swing and a voltage gain of 6x or better with low distortion, particularly higher order harmonics.