Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:
Magura will have his beer soon... :D

don't forget my man LL ... !

Well, now that i solved my problem (still learning something everyday!), I hooked it up, and used some hour's listning today.... still marveleous ! The :Pumpkin: rules...

I have been replacing my big heatsinks, at the :Pumpkin: with a 3mm Alu' plate, nothing more.. temperature then lies around 45. And stabilisation is improving, when fet's are fried a little i see.

seems that I didn't lied to you ................ still :devilr:

(and you were ready to purchase my pcbs ............. to solve a problem ....... :rofl: )

Well back to work -- Lookie lookie new 'dual single-ended input selector'

Jesper.

ugly ........... now just to learn LL to make own pcbs ........ and there will be LL factory in a moment ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:
While listning, i thought it would be fun, with a listninger's view picture...

:Pumpkin: is left on chatol...

Maybe master sixpack ZenMod :D better understand's my Danska gready need for gain, when he see's picture of mine two bear's-like loudspeaker.

Jesper.

hehehe

I know these sissyyyyyyyy spks from time when you have troubles with "whatever"BOSOZ driving F4 ..... :clown:

and sissy Thorens ( why on earth ppl use so small TTs?) ..............

all that wood on pic is ugly ;)

Hi steenoe

Hello...... steenoe

Nice to see you here. I have read many post of yours.

And I excited to making F4 by your pumping

Thats how amazing the F4 is! Drop all your other projects, and go straight to the F4! Beleive me, you wont regret it

So, I dropped my project to make aleph XA, and went straight to the F4, and finally I did not regret fot it. I still think that it is the best sounding power amp ever I listened especially for my Lowther speakers. And here now I think I need a :Pumpkin: .

I really thank you for reliable pumping. People around here is so careful to extol.

:sour: :shhh: :snooty: :razz: :ashamed: :nod: :eek:

Thank you again and still I would have no inspiration for F4 without your exaggeration.:D :D :worship: :worship:

Re: Hi steenoe

jkchoi said:
Hello...... steenoe

Nice to see you here. I have read many post of yours.

And I excited to making F4 by your pumping

So, I dropped my project to make aleph XA, and went straight to the F4, and finally I did not regret fot it. I still think that it is the best sounding power amp ever I listened especially for my Lowther speakers. And here now I think I need a :Pumpkin: .

I really thank you for reliable pumping. People around here is so careful to extol.

:sour: :shhh: :snooty: :razz: :ashamed: :nod: :eek:

Thank you again and still I would have no inspiration for F4 without your exaggeration.:D :D :worship: :worship:

jkchoi, you are welcome:)
Thanks for bringing that line to the Pumpkin thread, where it belongs:D Yeah, it sounded like an exaggeration back then, but it was pure fact, as you know by now:cool: I am very happy to have been helpful at least this one time....

Steen:)

Malotron said:
There is no exaggeration regarding Steeno's ability to inspire on this forum. I bet he could get ZenMod to drink a glass of Zlatorog :sour:

-Mal

Hey Mal, thanks a lot:) I tend to get carried away now and then, but usually there is a reason for it;)
When the SIM war starts, is when I get bored:D
Just build, and listen...... pretty simple actually:cool:

:)

It's right

Yeah, it sounded like an exaggeration back then, but it was pure fact, as you know by now

I fully agree with you, I am enjoying almost all kind of music with F4. The former driver EL34PP has noisy sound with complicated ochestra and white noise(background) also and very lean sound. I tried to improve it with solid state, but it became worse and worse. But your best recommended F4 showes me the different world with my Lowther. I notied that F4 has quite calm background and delivers detailed warm powerful sound.

Now I think I really need :Pumpkin: :D
After having relax time for my weak mustle for a week, and pumping up the passion again then :smash: :smash: :smash:

Has choky specially designed epoxy plates for :Pumpkin: still? If not, then :bawling: :bawling:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: to obtain a right to email

jkchoi said:

Still the log box tell me that I have to write post more in order to email direct to him.

So, I had to describe my need to him, before long he will be received email.;)

whatever road you choose , it will take you to the Rome ........ :clown:

you can always reach choky at >choky@neobee.net<

copy and paste that between the >< brackets

:rofl:

rail voltage

I have a xformer having two 0-30V AC .

I think the shunt regulator also has a important roll for the qualified sound. So, I do not want to replace it to the simple one having higher output voltage although the shunt has a big voltage drop and the voltage swing needed for F4 will be around +-20V. :whazzat:

But I understand that the sound quality can change by the rail V.
Choky what is your recommendation New Xformer or Change V?

In fact my F4 has 15V AC xformer. So, the rail voltage is around 18V during running. But having great sound quality. It has powerful enough. I would like to make a balaced F4 later to see what happens.

So, at this moment I want to challenge to down the rail voltage of pumpkin pre and shunt regulator also.

Let's see...........
24V can be adequate as output of shunt, so called for rail.

Too long later:) :)