Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

lykkkkk

are you hiding in some danske igloo doing some things for family augmenting , or you hiding decreasing gain or...........

Your'e right master ZenMod... family buissnes, work and such thing's is due to my silence.. last few day's.

Problem with gian't noise, hum is nearly solved by now, last funny thing with sensitivity with my 20x gain / no chassis / leachamp, i agree with you, is the comparing to use a pre with a mm/mc input. The reason why some noise/sensitivity appear's when closing -in to gnd, must be that the gain raises som xxx factor while doing this. Right now i must find time to make rest of chassis / inputselector and try all this. (maybee before christmas???) donno.

Going from big big big problem's with this setup/leachamp down to allmost nothing, is that i used the grounding schm. you drawed earlier in thread. :)

I am hoping that i can try it out some more next few day's.

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

Your'e right master ZenMod... family buissnes, work and such thing's is due to my silence.. last few day's.

Problem with gian't noise, hum is nearly solved by now, last funny thing with sensitivity with my 20x gain / no chassis / leachamp, i agree with you, is the comparing to use a pre with a mm/mc input. The reason why some noise/sensitivity appear's when closing -in to gnd, must be that the gain raises som xxx factor while doing this. Right now i must find time to make rest of chassis / inputselector and try all this. (maybee before christmas???) donno.

Going from big big big problem's with this setup/leachamp down to allmost nothing, is that i used the grounding schm. you drawed earlier in thread. :)

I am hoping that i can try it out some more next few day's.

Jesper.

did you finally hear :Pumpkin: with Leach?

with gain of ,say, 5 ........

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

NoNo please don't be angry :) ... I just didn't have the time to move on before today.
I just tried to setup my :Pumpkin: + dual:D F4... work's still like a charm ofcause.
Soo Morten - aka' Magura San ... Donno about snap's anymore ?? who is buying it now :D

Jesper.

I'm not angry......... I'm :rofl:

snap's ............. I didn't hear that you bought all those sixpacks you owe.......

now is your chance ;)

Magura will have his beer soon... :D

Well, now that i solved my problem (still learning something everyday!), I hooked it up, and used some hour's listning today.... still marveleous ! The :Pumpkin: rules...

I have been replacing my big heatsinks, at the :Pumpkin: with a 3mm Alu' plate, nothing more.. temperature then lies around 45. And stabilisation is improving, when fet's are fried a little i see.

Well back to work -- Lookie lookie new 'dual single-ended input selector'

Jesper.