PS1 Projector 5"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im going to be useing this bulb with a single track light that iv taken the guts out of for the connector the light is from homedepot it is a

Philips
50 Watt 12 Volt MR-16 Tungsten Halogen Bulb
Model 50MR16/NFL24 EXZ

Philips 3200 Lumens. 3000 Average hour life. RM2P/GU5.3 base. 24 degree flood pattern. 1-7/8 in. overall length. Bulb type: MR-16. Color temperture: 3000 K. Approximate beam spread: 24 deg.. Approximate MBCP: 2500. Dichroic reflector without lens. Accentline

bolb cost $4.50
single track light $19.99 got mine marked down for $9.99

ill keep you posted on how it does. its same bolb as ohp so should be ok:wchair:

Attachments

• bulb 50w.jpg
    bulb 50w.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 431
I project with halogen. When the lights are off in the room and you having nothing to compare to the yellow really isn't noticeable. Of course holding up something white which is illuminated with actual white light next to the projection you do see the difference. It's all sorta relative.

I have one of the Ushio 'ultra' [10,000 hour lamps with mostly the same specifications] behind a PSOne and it works pretty good [though alignment is important].

http://www.ushio.com/det_gl_ultraline.htm

I got the 12 degree spot with 10k hour life for $6US at http://www.businesslights.com/index.php?cPath=347_301_94&osCsid=65db101da10d01eb306f40275647029b

Same low color temperature as the one you have, but long life and brighter

Watts Ordering Lamp Code Voltage Temp Angle Spread Intensity Life Position
50 1002168 EXT/FG/ULTRA 12 3100 12º Spot 8600 10,000 Universal

The beam seems to make a hot-spot that would be too small for a larger LCD [due to the 12 degree light cone in the parabolic reflector]

Well depends on how big u want the image 2 be and how bright, also i'am personnaly giving up on buildin a light engine etc.. i plan 2 buy a slide projector and it apart and use it with the ps1 lcd. or also theirs a company which sells lightboxes which is basically a premade light engine, with coolin etc...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.