Project Moshulu : a journey into class D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've developed a circuit on MultiSIM Live. Tentatively modelled on a full range speaker 5ohm/0.7mH. See attached.

Attachments

• ampfilter.png
    ampfilter.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 120
I've developed a circuit on MultiSIM Live. Tentatively modelled on a full range speaker 5ohm/0.7mH. See attached.

This seems better than the original, however high freq is not attenuated very well, just acceptable. Freq scale is not visible. Left side RC snubbers don't do anything in this simulation, but will generate some heat (about 0.1 W on R) in the actual circuit. Single ended circuit is enough for simulation, this way you won't hit into simulation limitation so soon.

Now trying to decide best way to separate the power stage grounds from the signal ground.

Take care of bottom side also! (I mean show it!)

GND pins of connector should be connected directly to GND polygon on both sides!

The stitching vias are better to extend up and down as much as possible, but a single row is enough. Generally the best is to form a complete guard ring from gnd vias around power stages, but not neccessary here.

PWM inputs should be better kept separated from each other, unless you are sure you don't want to use BD modulation.

Something interesting I tried today. I picked ups a Daweoo KOC9Q1T combo oven for £70.

If you have a look at page 12 of the manual - CONVECTION COOKING(with pre-heat).

The controller allows you to use the convection oven to preheat the oven to 180 for say max 3 mins. It will beep at you when fully preheated.

I then set to 220c for 60-80 seconds. It works really well as a reflow oven. :)

http://www.daewooelectronics.co.uk/media/manual/KOC9Q1T_manual.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.