Presenting the Trynergy - a full range tractrix synergy.

.....I need a notch for the peak.....

Nice new woofer chapter, wonder if you know of free XSim software.
If you link a frq response frd-file and impedance zma-file to a driver as seen below you get nice tool to find component values because response into multiple graph windows change to new curves as you roll component values up and down. In below example traced your plot as frd-file and took a zma-file from a 10inch woofer, then used the series notch but as seen at right side there also parallel notch floating in schematic area that can be combined.

XSim: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/259865-xsim-free-crossover-designer.html

Attachments

• 90.PNG
    90.PNG
    180.5 KB · Views: 627
Hi BYRTT

I have x sim on my pc, al for a long time, it is nice software.

X

I have test a sim with also HF on, not bad for a not corrected horn. As predicted the woofers are less efficient in compare of the horn driver itself, a 10 dB.

thanks

kees

Attachments

• tractrix full.jpg
    tractrix full.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 612
  • ScreenHunter_1072 May. 16 21.10.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1072 May. 16 21.10.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
I have play now with filters and have the woofers back part closed (just simple box on it).

and get now with one coil 6.8mH, one resistor 16 ohm and a cap 4.7uf this respons.

not really bad, the woofers do get have quite a lot sensitivity, think also because of the compression room to horn, it give more sensitivity.

6dB filter do work nicely.

regards

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_1078 May. 17 22.20.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1078 May. 17 22.20.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 577
  • tractrixwoofer2.jpg
    tractrixwoofer2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 828
Have now only low and high pass, the woofers where to loud so I did need change the HF part removing the damping, and now I have not correction, buit full horn efficienty.

24 dB flitering for the woofers is needed, otherwise coloring occurs.

did you read this? because after all, if i sit behind the pc and the trynergy is on the other side it sounds not well, missing highs, as you can read in article conical horns has not this problem, also I am used to open baffles, go not loud but everywhere is music, not beamed.

Oswalds Mill Audio - Blog | OMA

regards

I have removed the gap between speaker and throat baffle, I do not like it that efficienty is eaten away because of correction hf fall off.

I have put fase plug back and have now 106 dB watt, however, the bass woofers are quite efficient needing only 6 dB correction for get in line with tweeter who go now to 3 khz, from here i get a k-tube in.

PS have a circlotron ready, allfet, however not tested but 325 watts on 4 ohms and 0.064 distortion, not bad ehh, but yes it has voltage feedback, so I like current feedback better, it is independent of bandwidth, tim distortion is mucho better, and these distortion my friend is bad, very bad.

Pictures of amp are in 8 ohms and 4 ohms, and possible some errors because calculate things is not my strongest part.

Correction, have now double the feedback because of the circlotron output stage, putting distortion even lower, 0.010 % 320 watts 4 ohm.

And now back on topic, het horn part has to be evolved further.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_1102 May. 21 21.40.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1102 May. 21 21.40.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 108
  • ScreenHunter_1105 May. 21 21.51.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1105 May. 21 21.51.jpg
    642.8 KB · Views: 161
  • ScreenHunter_1107 May. 21 21.58.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1107 May. 21 21.58.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 163
  • ScreenHunter_1108 May. 21 22.17.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1108 May. 21 22.17.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
That AllFET Circlotron looks really nice! Very simple. What bias current are you using? I assume it's true class A. You should post the schematic over in SS Forum.

I just started building jwilhem's vHEX amp - SMT and thru holes with dual IRFP240/9240's for 150w/ch. it's going a lot faster than I thought. Took a bit of practice to get reacquainted with SMT soldering techniques.

Sorry. For the OT folks.

Now back to our regular programming.

106dB/watt is kind of crazy loud. Hope you are wearing earplugs when testing.

Last edited:
The amp can work in both, it is just how far you turn the idle pot.

I have test circlotron, for 2 amps idle 0.008 distortion, for 200 mA (class ab) it give 0.2 % distortion, output power 320 watts 4 ohms.

also I have a version with two J-fet power sjep120 etc.

Now for the horn, I need to get hf of horn 6 dB back to get in line with the horn bass units, these units I think go 100 dB. However I do not now how to measure sensitivity with pc, I need to adjust things to do that and have no experience with arta or others.

I have order wire and bobbins for the filter design, use transformer iron for less windings..

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_1111 May. 22 12.53.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1111 May. 22 12.53.jpg
    652.2 KB · Views: 118
Hi X

The upper box is just temperary because I need to make them, under woofer has bigger box and open, but need to make them equal. Yes I go to 25 dB filtering, it give also more delay, special butterworth, can also use siegfried filtering who prevent the bump in xover points but are less steep, for a port box I need possible more steepness.

I have record the sound with a sony mobile phone so sound is in real much better.

regards