Power Acoustik BAMF 5500 driver board part number

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For this amp the contacts are good. i also tried by twisting but no luck. i took the driver board again and washed it clean and with microscope checked if everything is good then i put the driver board back i am now getting the amp to come on. but there are no oscillations. i wonder if it is going into mute.

Attachments

• 20190130_162537.jpg
    20190130_162537.jpg
    987.5 KB · Views: 68
Do you see an input signal of the frequency that you're driving into the amp on any pin of the driver board?

What's the rail voltage in this amp?

That signal should be at least at rail voltage (maybe rail +15v) before switching. The switching to ground is used to enable the class D circuit.

yes i see clear input signal on 7pin of CN101.
voltages on Rectifier is +56v and -56v.
No the signal i told is lesser than 1v i dont think it is a proper signal.

"That signal should be at least at rail voltage (maybe rail +15v) before switching. The switching to ground is used to enable the class D circuit."

^^^ Could have been better written.

The voltage on the switching/control pin of the control board (and pin 3 of the opto-coupler) should be at least at rail voltage (maybe rail +15v) before switching. The switching to ground is used to enable the class D circuit.

Look at the diagram (posted previously in link to another DIY page) and see if it's the same basic circuit as in your amp.
http://rollmeover.com/bronco_fab/amps/asian_clone_driver/gac_driver.pdf

"That signal should be at least at rail voltage (maybe rail +15v) before switching. The switching to ground is used to enable the class D circuit."

^^^ Could have been better written.

The voltage on the switching/control pin of the control board (and pin 3 of the opto-coupler) should be at least at rail voltage (maybe rail +15v) before switching. The switching to ground is used to enable the class D circuit.

Look at the diagram (posted previously in link to another DIY page) and see if it's the same basic circuit as in your amp.
http://rollmeover.com/bronco_fab/amps/asian_clone_driver/gac_driver.pdf

What happens if 4580 if goes bad on driver board will it make oscillations? I did not check that.

If those are accurate, appears that the transistor (MPSA92) is defective. The voltage between the emitter and the base is too great. IT shouldn't be more than about 0.7v. Even if it's defective, the transistor is supplying voltage normally so that's not stopping the amp from oscillating.

Also, do you still have only 35v on the switched/control terminal before is switches to ground?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.