Post your Solid State pics here

This is my new phono preamp. I designed it for playback of a friend's LP collection, it can equalise records with the RIAA, AES, FFRR and NARTB curves. It uses both series and shunt regulation to feed a single opamp based gain stage with an active filter, including a BUF634 current buffer to allow the opamp to drive the capacitive load the filter presents.

Attachments

• SAP from side.jpg
    SAP from side.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 2,229
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
New JLH class A headphone amp

Hi

Please find my newly constructed JLH class A headphone/preamp. The unit has a remote control volume control and will be upgraded with better op amps soon. The unit sounds 1st class, it also has passive and active line out.

regards

JamesFeline

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:) Nice work, Milan
Academia PCB mounted:

academia_output.jpg

:cool: Everybody!
Make a visit to moamps wonderful website!
He has got many amplifiers images. Solid State Amps & Tubes Amps.
You will like it ... for sure :cool:
http://www.moxtone.com/

INSIDE CASE Top View - of his Academia Amplifier

lineup :) has got several good internet friends from Croatia

edit:

.... and I wouldn't be very surprised ;)
if it turned out that me lineup has got something to do with
Tube with Power IC Output Stage-JLTi - topic
Replies: 895 ..... Views: 126733 !!!!!!
hi sir can u give me pcb layout nd circut of it ..?

This is my new phono preamp. I designed it for playback of a friend's LP collection, it can equalise records with the RIAA, AES, FFRR and NARTB curves. It uses both series and shunt regulation to feed a single opamp based gain stage with an active filter, including a BUF634 current buffer to allow the opamp to drive the capacitive load the filter presents.
Wow, really georgeous. Can we see a picture from the top? I'm specially interested in how can you have fitted a series regulator, a shunt regulator and the equalization section in such an small place!

And a very convenient button to isolate it from earth :p

I can send you the schematic (send me a PM), it is based on a design by Walt Jung, published in his book 'Op-Amp Applications'. I took his topology, but applied different power supplies, different active devices and an adjustable Lipshitz network.

I gave the phono its first proper test last night, and it was great to finally hear AES, NARTB and FFRR vinyl with its proper EQ curve.

And a very convenient button to isolate it from earth

I don't know what you mean by that, there's no ground lift button.

Electrolytic cap quality can be influenced by the manufacture location, the raw materials used are an important factor, similar situation as with mica insulators.

The Japanese are smarties, all raw materials for Taiwan based lytic caps manufacture are shipped over from JP.
The region in Taiwan is filled to the max with electronic component plants, e.g. the Panasonic corp. produces copper clad boards in Taipei.

Oldy Matsu transistor =>

Attachments

• 2sc2591.jpg
    2sc2591.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,767
Electrolytic cap quality can be influenced by the manufacture location, the raw materials used are an important factor, similar situation as with mica insulators.

The Japanese are smarties, all raw materials for Taiwan based lytic caps manufacture are shipped over from JP.
The region in Taiwan is filled to the max with electronic component plants, e.g. the Panasonic corp. produces copper clad boards in Taipei.

Oldy Matsu transistor =>

The japanese are in my opinion the elite manufacturers along with german products. VERY high quality , look at the FC and FM series electrolytic's , better than originals , good price. The chinese , on the other hand.. with their SACON junk caps are on my *@#* list. (below) EVERY EVGA motherboard and video card has these babies. 3 out of 4 in my house blew recently :mad: fixed them with panasonic FM's , but had to return RMA 57 customer cards and MB's.

I now research where these manufacturer's source their parts from , I just can't afford to RMA so many items... In DIY , watch out for chinese amp kits on ebay , in the pictures I see SACON and other no- name brands. If you must, buy new panasonic, or Nichicon (19 years old and still tests perfect on ESR meter) caps to replace in kit.

BTW , panasonic makes caps in taiwan but has more factories in Malaysia.

OS

Attachments

• Dsci1608.jpg
    Dsci1608.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,726