Poogeing the SACD: The Pioneer 563A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys,

this abit off topic, but I opened my DV565 and found a completely non serviceable player(with my soldering skils). I just cant work with this SMD stuff, its too hard and unforgiving. Are we DIYers faced with the dilemma that all new product will be SMD, and even a capacitor upgrade will become a mission let alone a dac?
Is there any way of learning how to solder this stuff without blowing up all my appliances?

regards Arthur

Rubycon & Elna

finally I am on this project and yesterday I popped the hood of this player for the first time. And I was surprised to find that almost all the electrolytic caps inside were either Rubycon or Elna!(well except for the smps 'input' cap).
Did all DV-563 come with rubycon, elna caps ? Or is this an exception(!) with later or earlier versions of the player ?
What did you guys find in yours ?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
How is the old 563A holding up as a candidate for modding, or is there a new favorite? I see these pass across craigslist at about $40, which is about my entry level. No doubt the serious poogers from this thread have been playing music for the past two years rather than tinker and report on new changes?

Pioneer 563 et al mods

Tosh,

If you have an external DAC the following is a worthwhile consideration:

http://freerider.dyndns.org/anlage/HiresAudio_E.htm

I have been enjoying this for over 12 months - no need to worry about mods to the analog stages.

Ian

Tosh said:
How is the old 563A holding up as a candidate for modding, or is there a new favorite? I see these pass across craigslist at about $40, which is about my entry level. No doubt the serious poogers from this thread have been playing music for the past two years rather than tinker and report on new changes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.