Plasma speaker project

Hello everybody,

I've a company creation project, to produce an high end plasma speaker, not talking of those" arcs" or "sparks" toys on youtube...
but something with good distortion and sound levels specs.
I own plasma speakers, and I have work for years on cold and hot plasmas.

I'm interested in what you would really like...
Any requirements, features, design ideas are welcome (Wich sound input you would like etc...)

Technicals specifications :
(a full range is a dream but not achievable due to excessive power consumption)
Low cutoff frequency :

Price :
Wich price would you accept to buy a pair ?

Thanks for your comments.

Pa
About a year ago I had a chance to hear Plasma tweeters. Plus: unbelievable delicacy and clarity. Negative: it took the speaker about forty five minutes to warm up to sound good. The also owner informed that the manufacturer normally doesn't sell to the public due to safety concerns and the pair cost at that time about fifteen thousand US dollars. I also understand that there may be some health issues due to the radiation these speakers emit.

Hi Egindin,
Thanks for your post.
About a year ago I had a chance to hear Plasma tweeters. Plus: unbelievable delicacy and clarity. Negative: it took the speaker about forty five minutes to warm up to sound good.
The warm up is about 2 minutes on mine.

About the price is it the complete loudspeaker or just the plasma speaker ?
I would be really interested to have some info on this project.

Hi Marco !
Thanks for your message, it is really important to have feedback and comments to work on a project
I'm still working on it
I've just receive a batch of very nice machined parts that I will test on next days.
Maybe I could create a Youtube channel for the project...

Reactions: 2 users
Hot plasmas are limited to the reproduction of high frequencies, whereas cold plasmas have no such limitation and can reproduce the entire audio range!
Hot plasmas present a particularly annoying problem: the heat they generate!

The main shortcomings of both are that they generate ozone and require high voltages!

Hi Marco !
Thanks for your message, it is really important to have feedback and comments to work on a project
I'm still working on it
I've just receive a batch of very nice machined parts that I will test on next days.
Maybe I could create a Youtube channel for the project...
Pa, any updates, maybe even a YouTube channel for the non-patiently thread lurker?
I am really curious if you have tried some things that might work, what that might mean for a future product (size, bandwidth, those kind of things of course) and what doesn't work.

Marco

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
Yes, yes and yes 😉
Yes the project is still active, yes it works as a good tweeter and yes I will try a youtube channel to show the project.
The challenging question is how many people are interested in audiophile products in a market where low-fi products are best sellers. And how to live with it. Today a commercial product and even open source needs audience...

Last edited:
Hot plasmas are limited to the reproduction of high frequencies
Dc plasmas are hot and can go low...

Hot plasmas present a particularly annoying problem: the heat they generate!
If you mean calories in a room
Hot or cold plasma, class A amplifier or washing machine same problem, one question : How many Watts ?

The main shortcomings of both are that they generate ozone and require high voltages!
Sorry but wrong, I repeat it once again in this thread.. no hot plasmas are not generating ozone or in small amounts and only in a short starting phase.