Pizzicato, a 200W low distortion CFA amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I think, this PCB, it's not the best, approach, but means something, work in progress .

Attachments

• pitzzicato pcb.jpg
    pitzzicato pcb.jpg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 640
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Perhaps former member Tournesol is not-banned and actively participating in other internet discussion groups, under a different username. If you discover him elsewhere, you could inquire whether he continues to make progress towards completing the design and construction of a Pizzicato amplifier.

Perhaps former member Tournesol is not-banned and actively participating in other internet discussion groups, under a different username. If you discover him elsewhere, you could inquire whether he continues to make progress towards completing the design and construction of a Pizzicato amplifier.

good luck to him, i always suspected him to be Esperado another banned member, although i have no proof, just a hunch....

A plan yes. A date to test may be looking too far ahead. This is one of those projects that is not guaranteed to work.I would recommend backing up a bit from the PCB. Some may wish to go straight to the PCB stage in order to advance. However, I place some importance on understanding the behavior of what has been formulated. In this case the input stage is slightly different and getting a grasp of how it works thermally is going to feed into future work.

With that in mind, I would initially bread board with discrete non-matched transistors which was my initial suggestion. The purpose of this would be to determine where the design concept breaks and how closely a match of transistors is required. The power devices do not need to be included as feedback can taken from the driver stages and a lower voltage version can built for concept test as well.

Of course you can opt for the PCB and see what gives. Since a lot of work is falling on your shoulders, you can direct others to give you what you need.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.