Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Here is my Zen v4. Used some boards from Jims-Audio with the DIYAudio Power Supply boards. I am using IRFP140s at 50v and 2.8 amps. When using the Jims-Audio boards they initially didn't work. I double-checked everything, still didn't work. I eventually discovered the pin layout for the ZVP3310s and the ZTX450s didn't match the board which was designed for slightly different transistors. With some creative pin twisting everything was perfect.

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Here is my FirstWatt F5 amp. Its just normal inside.
Psu 2x18v 450VA 4x33000uF caps
Pcb is V3.0 from diyaudiostore
Heatsinks from modushop
Top plate is from quickpanel.eu. It takes a little time but worth it.

It sounds amazing. Next project is the Pearl II for my lenco turntable.

Attachments

• 20220809_161543.jpg
    20220809_161543.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 350
Reactions: 5 users
Believe it or not, this is actually an ACA Mini but I took the liberty of laying out my own boards so I could create a more conventional implementation with a more standard chassis. I just finished the assembly. One board has been brought up and tested and all connections have been checked. So all looks good but I won't have time to bring up and bias the finished amp until tomorrow. I'll post a picture with lights on once that is done.

2.jpg
1.pg.jpg
3.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
@Zen Mod Better :p

Panels are made from a company that isn't around anymore.
Speaker terminals are KLE Innovations Naked Harmony Binding Post
Rca from elecaudio
Wire is mostly Duelund DCA20GA and Duelund DCA16GA for speaker
I couldn't get rit of a loud hum, but after lot of reading it helped to connect the 2 pcb with a wire from gnd to gnd. Now its silent.

Attachments

• 20220809_183526.jpg
    20220809_183526.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 434
  • 20220809_183924.jpg
    20220809_183924.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 455
Reactions: 3 users
Believe it or not, this is actually an ACA Mini but I took the liberty of laying out my own boards so I could create a more conventional implementation with a more standard chassis. I just finished the assembly. One board has been brought up and tested and all connections have been checked. So all looks good but I won't have time to bring up and bias the finished amp until tomorrow. I'll post a picture with lights on once that is done.
One more picture to add today. My dual mono conventional configuration of the ACA Mini design is now alive, biased, stable and sounds great!
BTW, the LED is a nice blue but looks overexposed in the picture.

Alive.jpg

Reactions: 4 users