Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

I agree with Zen, a surrounding case with shielding properties is not necessarily required (though proper grounding recommended) - My “exoskeleton” Aleph 3 build serves as one example...

Attachments

• 3A3E17E7-238B-4257-A7D9-EE391DA68823.jpeg
    3A3E17E7-238B-4257-A7D9-EE391DA68823.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 918
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I agree with Zen, a surrounding case with shielding properties is not necessarily required (though proper grounding recommended) - My “exoskeleton” Aleph 3 build serves as one example...

that's damn Fugly!

:clown:

just one thing - when Big Donut is not surrounded with big Faraday Case, it'll maybe result in need of greater clearance to surrounding apparatuses ........ (sources,preamps)

but , that's manageable

Joined 2013
Paid Member
I haven't had much time to listen nor compare the sound, I'm currently driving my pair of ACA amps in balanced mode. I plan on "testing" the preamp for a month before I install it in the primary system with the Aleph J.
Since I removed the BZLS driving the ACA's, the BA2018 does not have the gain, yet it has a softness to the sound in comparison to the BZLS.
I need to spend time with a turntable connected to make sure the UFSP to make sure everything is good.
I'm very curious to compare the BZLS, the B1 Korg balanced line stage and the BA2018 with the Aleph J.
Then compare the B1 Korg, the BZLS and the BA2018 with the M2X.
I have a note pad next to my chair to record thoughts during the comparison. I'll post the results in the future.
I would like to thank mareli for his diagram to wire the inputs on post #1991 on the BA2018 thread.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

This could have been completed in 2020, but I built plenty last year; better to start off the New Year with something fun.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• F6 Amp from Front.JPG
    F6 Amp from Front.JPG
    845.9 KB · Views: 803
  • F6 Amp Overhead_2.jpg
    F6 Amp Overhead_2.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 805
  • F6 Amp from Bottom (exposed).jpg
    F6 Amp from Bottom (exposed).jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 797
  • F6 Amp Bottom.JPG
    F6 Amp Bottom.JPG
    799.6 KB · Views: 743
  • F6 Amp Rear.JPG
    F6 Amp Rear.JPG
    748.9 KB · Views: 725
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ZM:

Both 200VA toroids are fed by a single Mark Johnson H9KPXG soft start board. So yeah, only dual mono from the toroids forward.

Vince and elwood625:

Thanks!

Regards,
Scott

to keep things safe, put one fuse per Donut, after soft start, holders in case

that way back plate should stay nice, and you'll have safety