Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

F1 Build

I have been working on this F1 amp for the last several months. It was a really fun project and it pairs well with my Foxtex FE206En based speakers. The reviews that say the F1 has more bass than the F2 are accurate, I had to move the speakers further out from the wall cut back a bit on the bass. It is also smoother and clearer than my F2J, even as a straight up F1 without the Jfet output transistors. As always thanks to Papa for sharing the design and to everyone else whose input/suggestions helped me along on this project!

Attachments

• Overall 1.jpg
    Overall 1.jpg
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 1,219
  • Amp Channel.jpg
    Amp Channel.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 1,133
  • Power Supply.jpg
    Power Supply.jpg
    873.7 KB · Views: 1,079
  • LED Mount.jpg
    LED Mount.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 1,086
  • IMG_5510.jpg
    IMG_5510.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_5542.jpg
    IMG_5542.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,117
I have been working on this F1 amp for the last several months. It was a really fun project and it pairs well with my Foxtex FE206En based speakers. The reviews that say the F1 has more bass than the F2 are accurate, I had to move the speakers further out from the wall cut back a bit on the bass. It is also smoother and clearer than my F2J, even as a straight up F1 without the Jfet output transistors. As always thanks to Papa for sharing the design and to everyone else whose input/suggestions helped me along on this project!

That's a bloody Bobby Dazzler.

Way back at post #4399 I posted my first DIY amp build, an F6. It was largely a paint-by-numbers affair, constructed by following 6L6s excellent build guide and aided by all the contributions in the massive thread that it spawned.

Today, largely thanks to the information found here at diyAudio, I've just completed another First Watt amp - the Aleph J - with a semi-custom CLC power supply.

So, another thanks to all of you, and of course to Nelson Pass.

bBnT4ua.jpg

Full build gallery here: First Watt CLC Revision - Album on Imgur

Attachments

• IMG_20201027_123558930.jpg
    IMG_20201027_123558930.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 1,117
  • IMG_20201027_123613409.jpg
    IMG_20201027_123613409.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 1,100
  • IMG_20201027_190600069.jpg
    IMG_20201027_190600069.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 1,088
  • IMG_20201016_205026988.jpg
    IMG_20201016_205026988.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 1,077
Way back at post #4399 I posted my first DIY amp build, an F6. It was largely a paint-by-numbers affair, constructed by following 6L6s excellent build guide and aided by all the contributions in the massive thread that it spawned.

Today, largely thanks to the information found here at diyAudio, I've just completed another First Watt amp - the Aleph J - with a semi-custom CLC power supply.

So, another thanks to all of you, and of course to Nelson Pass.

Full build gallery here: First Watt CLC Revision - Album on Imgur

Did you get a chance to compare the sound before the 195G10, and after?? What are your impressions?

I enjoyed your Imgur build album - very nice. The amp looks great, well done!

Nick

Fully Articulated,

Amazing attention to detail and very well executed! Take a bow...

Hope you are going to put a cover with a see through window on this.:)

Also very well documented, thank you for sharing the build pics.

How are you liking the sound of the amplifier? If you don't mid can you share a few more details about your setup?

Did you get a chance to compare the sound before the 195G10, and after?? What are your impressions?

I enjoyed your Imgur build album - very nice. The amp looks great, well done!

Nick

Thanks Nick for your comment (and your help).

The original idea was just to try building a CLC supply to replace the standard CRC one in my F6, and hopefully learn something in the process. At some point it transformed into an entirely new build, so I doubt I'll be able to do a LC/RC comparison.

Fully Articulated,

Amazing attention to detail and very well executed! Take a bow...

Hope you are going to put a cover with a see through window on this.:)

Also very well documented, thank you for sharing the build pics.

How are you liking the sound of the amplifier? If you don't mid can you share a few more details about your setup?

Cheers zman! I'm considering a see-through top for the future perhaps.

I've only used the amp with test speakers so far. Hopefully I'll get some time to listen properly over the weekend.

The Aleph J will be feed by my previous project, an Aikido preamp and an ANK DAC, if that's what you mean by setup. The amp will be powering Paradigm speakers, but maybe one day I'll try DIYing them too - if I can find a willing carpenter.