Pictures of a >>GENUINE<< Lovoltech LU1014D Wanted!

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Alright, you got me.

I blew up the interior photo of the F3 until I could read the part
numbers and from that I reverse engineered the ZV9.

Attachments

• DSC00586.JPG
    DSC00586.JPG
    837.1 KB · Views: 716
Well, I finally got the parts from China to compare with the ones Nelson graciously sent me. Chinese versions on left; genuine NOS on right.

Note the round dent in the cases; the Chinese part is a bit shallower, and the rest of the face a bit rougher. The lettering font doesn't quite match. I'd bet money that they're genuine parts, removed from old equipment, new legs welded on, and the fronts sanded and re-lettered.

I guess their "New" claim refers only to the legs and lettering. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Jeff.

Attachments

• lovoltechs.jpg
    lovoltechs.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 642
I bought a batch of 100 from eBay China. Curve traced every one. The price was attractive and the results a true bargain.

These are not just JFETs. They are SITs at low current. The datasheet max continuous current is 50A. At 50A, the behavior is more like a garden variety JFET with pentode-ish curves. At 1A and below, they are SIT triode-ish curves.

Until we know if it is actually constructed the way a SIT is constructed, I will not believe it to be anything but a coincidence that the curves have this behavior at some voltages and currents. Other parts exhibit this sort of behavior at certain operating points but are not SITs.

Just because they exhibit triode like curves at some voltages and currents doesn't mean they are SITs. I do wish people would quit confusing the two.

What would be the downside to confusing the two?

I have curve traced many different type of JFETs. I have curve traced most of the SITs that can be obtained surplus. The only JFET that has triode-like curves is the LU1014.

Please name a JFET that can be obtained new or surplus that has triode-like curves anywhere in its V-I safe operating area.

Unless you have firsthand knowledge of the structure of the LU1014 you cannot say for certain that it is not an SIT marketed as a JFET.