Pictures of a >>GENUINE<< Lovoltech LU1014D Wanted!

Hi, I have been looking around on the net for LU1014D to buy for a future little sweet and simple headphone amp, both eBay and AliExpress have a plenty of these, but virtually all of them have several minuscule details deviating from the original Lovoltech part.
I have been only able to verify with the technical drawing as seen in the Lovoltech datasheet, but it is my, perhaps limited, experience that known brand manufacturer never skimp on the package details, so the device ought to look quite exactly like the one in the technical drawing, see attached picture.

If anyone have a picture of these devices bought from a known source such as DigiKey, Farnell, Mouser etc., or directly acquired these devices from Lovoltech, please post a picture, preferably front + back + side + top view, thank you very much! :)

ps. Suggestions on other comparable devices I could replace the LU1014D with?

Attachments

• LU1014D_Genuine.JPG
    LU1014D_Genuine.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,753
I can guess what you want them for ?

Yes X that's the one I have primarily in mind although I am thinking of its use in a future power amp, and my sincere apology for not mentioning it initially, there was no illwilling egoistic back-thought intended for leaving out mentioning the HPA development in your thread, with appreciable support from Hugh D. also to be mentioned.
If anyone else is interested in this project the ongoing contemplation, development and discussion of the HPA is over here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/301164-mosfet-source-follower-headamp.html

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Here is a photo of one of mine (it has been used and removed from an older project so looks a little beat up). These are a pain to make a heatsink mount as you need a two-bolt arrangement and a metal clamp bar across to press it down.

I do not know if mine are real but they sound quite nice. Thanks for mentioning the Aksa HA - it is certainly a worthwhile project, simplicity aside, as it sounds great.

589010d1483294751-pictures-genuine-lovoltech-lu1014d-wanted-lu1014d-photo.png

Here is the 4 bolt "L" bracket clamp bar I made out of a small strip of sheet aluminum. I made the L cross section by bending it in a vise with a hammer. Then drilled 4 holes to match screw locations on heatsink. Be sure to use a silicone heat pad for best heat transfer and to insulate electrically.

589013d1483295191-pictures-genuine-lovoltech-lu1014d-wanted-lu1014d-clamp.jpg

I suppose in production these are soldered directly to a copper plate for heat transfer.

Attachments

• LU1014D-photo.png
    LU1014D-photo.png
    702.7 KB · Views: 2,338
  • LU1014D-clamp.jpg
    LU1014D-clamp.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 3,100
Last edited:
@X thanks for the pictures, if possible, could you perhaps take just one more picture of the back side of it as the pattern of the metal-flange is quite valuable to know in order to discern a genuine from others.

Some so called "fakes" are counterfeits, that is they may work even quite ok, maybe with only a subpar performance to the original ones and may therefore be difficult to discern from the original ones.
On AliExpress I found several examples where the seller states
the transistors are OEM made by Fagor, I don't know if it is this company:
Fagor Electrónica - Semiconductors - The most poweful
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fagor

Interesting thing though is that, your transistor 2nd and 3rd row have the same data as these ones from this link (attached as 1st picture):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LU1014D-FAGOR-TO-251/32517128837.html?spm=2114.43010208.4.16.fmvSjz
One of them should be manufacturing date, I guess it is the 3rd row, where 1124 would be year 2011, week 24.
EDIT: Yes indeed 3rd row is the date, D/C means Date Code, see the 2nd picture sticker saying D/C: 0540G, same as transistor marking.

Does anyone know for how long time LU1014D have been out of production?

2nd picture attached (from Deep Surplus) reveals that the 2nd row is the LOT number, look carefully where it says LOT: 0009.1 on the sticker.

@Guyri, I seem to have some problem with my browser visiting the link you provided, could you please upload the picture here?

I will attach 2 more pictures for future reference, they were found on eBay and AliExpress.

Attachments

• x_v82201-61_72dpi.jpg
    x_v82201-61_72dpi.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 449
  • LU1014D-FAGOR-TO-251.jpg
    LU1014D-FAGOR-TO-251.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 410
  • Free-Shipping-One-Lot-100PCS-LU1014D-NEW.jpg
    Free-Shipping-One-Lot-100PCS-LU1014D-NEW.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 382
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Interesting.
I have successfully opened with IE, Edge, Opera, Mozilla and Chrome on different OSes.
Without login to my OneDrive site.
Try it again!
I will upload LU1014D pics.

Anyway I don't like MS OneDrive, because they suffer from morbid compulsion of daily change.

Here's a picture front and back

Thanks BDP for a great picture, it's worth to note yours are the only ones next to the picture from Deep Surplus web page which have the 3 rows of text marking right aligned, as can also be seen in Lovoltech's datasheet technical drawing, and there's more space in between the rows, all the other ones have their text center oriented and more tightly squeezed together.

Thanks also N.P.!

What other product could be remarked as an LU1014?
Being an Nchannel Power jFET.
Is it easy to test for jFET Idss and for power dissipation.
Could these others that have non standard script be something else and still test successfully for Idss & Power?
Is Idss so high that a DC test would heat up too quickly?

Last edited:
I've got some LU1014 from China before, they're measured to be real but have strange looking pins also.

The seller told me those are "refurbished" ones, they got used ones with short pins, and used machinery to extend the pins before selling. The price is much lower than Deep Surplus, but I got what I paid for.