Pictorial of an exponential/radial horn being made for me by a friend...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:D not really amazing - had you ever worn a pair of klompen (the real Dutch wooden clogs - beware of cheap imitations and those sold to unsuspecting German tourists) you'd know that the Flatlanders are *beep*ing good at woodbiting.

OK, fun aside - there a lot of perfectionists about, but very few who have the ability (and tools) to convert their ideas into reality.

Full marks for Kees.

Pit

Sorry you didn't get to keep them

I'm blessed with an understanding wife. As long as there's not a speaker falling on her head, she's pretty okay with my insanity. Funny thing, I seem to self-limit as much as she needs me to, good match there.

They look great- is the crossover mounting machined teflon? Or ceramic?

Nice to have controlled directivity when you're having to put them against the fireplace, that'd never work with 'conventional' speaker types.

Re: Sorry you didn't get to keep them

badman said:
Nice to have controlled directivity when you're having to put them against the fireplace, that'd never work with 'conventional' speaker types. [/B]
There is nothing to direct with these speakers.. music comes from everywhere, except from the speakers..
There is sound and there are speakers... Not there is sound coming from the speakers.. That's what everyone wants.. i have it :D

Kees

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: Sorry you didn't get to keep them

audiomanics said:

There is nothing to direct with these speakers.. music comes from everywhere, except from the speakers..
There is sound and there are speakers... Not there is sound coming from the speakers.. That's what everyone wants.. i have it :D

Kees

these lousy looking, cheaply made....with bad drivers..........

I don't believe ya.......

:devilr:

Oh, that would be difficult as i only have some drawings left in my CAD-program.. I only used Hornresp to find out which speaker would be appropriate and gave the best response, simulated.. Some parts where made while doing the job, like the wingshapes to brace the large panels.
I don't see your email anywhere else i could try to send you some of the drawings.. I have to convert them in some readable format for you.. (i assume you don't use the same CAD-program as i do..)
Calculating was done in some excel-spreadsheets.

Kees

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.