piCorePlayer = piCore Linux + Raspberry Pi + Squeezelite

Thanks, Ronnie, much appreciated.

I was hoping to find some TinyCore binaries. I have a Kali and Piano 2.1 and upsample using sox to defeat the DAC's built-in DSP. It's nice to be able to experiment with your own filter settings and PiCorePlayer makes this sort of thing dead easy.

I've found gupnp-dlna which I guess is what I want but but I haven't figured out how to configure it yet.

Cheers

Neil

I love picore player, however there is one issue that I am not able to solve: loud digital cracks/clicks/pops when changing between for example playing local flac files and spotify content. Or when switchting on/off in LMS.

The auto mute between flac tracks works fine.

Is there any way to auto mute between different sources as well?

What dac do you use?
Are you sure it is because of the software used?

No I am not blaming the software,since it works fine (no digital clicks/pops) when using another DAC board. I am using Allo Kali I2S reclocker connected (I2S) to AK4396 DAC board. Problem is the reclocker does not provide a mute signal for the dac, I was hoping however to work around this issue in software.

Support for USBridge PLEASE (request doubled and boosted :) )!

Hi Paul
Do you plan to add support to Picore player for the Allo USBridge?
I am LMS user and have recently purchased a MiniDSP which has USB input. I am hoping to stream to the RPi and bridge out to MiniDSP.

Cheers
Nick

I got USBridge and use a DAC that works with piCorePlayer (but not with the dietPi - OS that was included with USBridge).

I tested my DAC on Raspberry pi 3+ with piCorePlayer - with success but aweful noise due to the USB-hardware limitations of Rspi.

Now I got a clean USB-Port with no noise... but no sound either... because dietPi refuses to communicate right to my DAC (Soekris 1101).

THANKS in advance!!!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I had asked about getting a BBB version a few years back. The answer was a polite 'No, we really don't have resources to support that'.

I really like the idea of an SBC that can accept a masterclock for I2S signal generation, as the BBB does. AND while the RPi cannot accept a masterclock signal for this purpose, it can accept a bitclock signal and companies like HiFiBerry and Allo have leveraged that functionality to make some very good DACs systems.

BUT the real issue with a BBB PiCorePlayer version is drivers. The PiCore team does not build / test / support the drivers used by the various DACs, the companies building them do. A BBB with PiCorePlayer, but no drivers is almost as much good as a BBB with no PiCorePlayer, IMHO.

AND since the introduction of these two SBC's, the RPi has taken off in popularity and a pretty wide collection of DACs and support HW is available for the platform along with a great set of good distros and attendant players. AND I really love PiCorePlayer in my setups.... it works and works well, is easy to use and plenty configurable for my needs, is well supported by the PiCorePlayer team, and to my ears sounds very good with a good configuration and HW. BUT if you want to branch out, there are many other options.

OTOH, the main audio games in town for the BBB as far as I know are:

- Miero's distro and driver for the Twisted Pear interfaces

- An AudioLinux image for the BBB

- An HQPlayer NAA image

Curious if there are others, anyone know of any more?

Greg in Mississippi

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Debian 10.0 2019-07-07 4GB SD IoT image Buster for bbb

hi amigo1,

I am not aware of anyone in the team wanting to make a version for the BBB at this time.
Personally I have a difficult time just testing piCorePlayer for the ever increasing range of Raspberry Pi's.
I am not aware of piCore being actively available on the BBB.
regards

Ok! Thank you for the answer!

Are SBC renderers powerfull enough for HQplayer ? Or do you need to put it on the streamer then use Picore player on a Rpi as a renderer only (so HQplayer elsewhere on the server side..)

I like Picoreplayer as well, a fine accomplished design with years

Hi diyigy!
SBC renderers are not powerfull enough for HQplayer.
I like Picoreplayer to and new release Picoreplayer could be ported to Beaglebone black for using mpd controlled by smartphone.
There is OS IMG bbbCore-6.0alpha1.zip see link Index of /6.x/armv7/release_candidates/
Can anybody port new Picoreplayer?