• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

TB3/750 (RS1026,amperex 5867A) monster amplifiers should be ready for testing in 1-2 weeks.
all transformers custom made by monolith magnetics.driver tube 6C45P-E.
more than 100lb each :)
UV meters IN-13 in front.cabinets made of 100+ years oak recovered from very old farm

These look VERY nice.. I thought my amp was heavy! lol
I also went with Monolith for the output transformers in my amp, and am very happy. Very nice!

I'm very interested in that glass shield you have over the plate cap. How did you come up / make that?

TB3/750 (RS1026,amperex 5867A) monster amplifiers should be ready for testing in 1-2 weeks.
all transformers custom made by monolith magnetics.driver tube 6C45P-E.
more than 100lb each :)
UV meters IN-13 in front.cabinets made of 100+ years oak recovered from very old farm

I love the look of your amp. The glass tops seem to defeat the purpose of the radiator caps though. Does the glass tops get hot?

I would be tempted to make that glass shield to have more of a vent on the top if it were me.. Though I suppose it depends on if you do run into any heat issues.
yes I will check if it gets to hot

Whoa, 2kV ! - maybe put a proximity detection at the amp chassis and use it to trigger a rapid safety shutdown that isolates exposed parts and shunts them to ground ?

good idea,thank you!

usa4356, please take your caps key off, it is rude to shout at people (and harder to read)

dave :cop:
sorry :)

Last edited:
Dynaco mkIII,s built in the early 90's
Used a curcio circuit converted to 6201's
Didnt like the sound at all
Put them in a box and recently went over whats here. Reduced b+ to 485v and a few minor resistor mistakes and new tubes
Major difference!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 798
The orginal b+ was about 507v and it was throwing off the regulation and altering the bias between tubes+ plus I was in a learning curve new to tubes in the early 90,s

Im collecting prts for Tim Mellows OTL now for my Quads as a new adventure and a little more insight 25 years later

Last edited:
I built a Curcio driver for my 6BX7 PushPull parallel triode and it's worked fantastic for 15 years.
The original circuit is from GA or 88 or 89. I had the whole collection in Argentina. Mr Avwerk If you want to sell it I am interested in it.
The original diagram was with ECC88, I had to simulate it and work very good. Your work is very good.