• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Recently finished 6V6 preamp from salas with seperate PSU and SSHV2 regulators. Still have to add volume knob

Attachments

• 068.JPG
    068.JPG
    734.2 KB · Views: 1,448
  • DSC_0069.JPG
    DSC_0069.JPG
    725.3 KB · Views: 1,356
EL34 Ultralinear pp amp

this is my Shuguang EL34 pp amp, ultra-linear output, based on the Mullard 5-20 and HK Citation V amps....sounds fantastic, bass is tight and controlled which is a revelation.....

B+ at OPT center lead is 445 volts, tubes are biased at 33mA each.....so that they are idling at about 15 watts each.....

the front end 6J9 tube B+ is zener regulated....it is very quiet, no hiss, no hum......Hitachi 6CG7 LTp drivers....

solid state psu with big capacitor filtering, a common mode filter choke isolate the rest of the amplifier from the power supply, freds isolators ensures cross-talk between channels are minimized, with generous filtering psu ripple is held to a minimum.

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

testing and setup:

fixed biasing with about 33mA on each cathodes put the tubes idling at about 14watts at idle....
IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

using my power monitor:
line current draw is shown:
IMG_1883.jpg

true power consumed at idling:
IMG_1882.jpg

apparent power draw:
IMG_1881.jpg

line frequency:
IMG_1880.jpg

line voltage:
IMG_1878.jpg

under the hood:
IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

Hello again
Here's my product, recently completed
SE Ed.Westermayer - UL El34 - GA - Audio

Hi makaiyumtony,
Thank you for the suggestion. I am absolutely agree with you, a good tape player gives analog sound closer to phono.
Noyan

Hi Sir, I just to watch this post about Photo Gallery and found your monster amp. I remember the Wavac from Nobu Shishido. I am interested in build this monster in the next years. And I need your experience if is possible to say or get. The transformers, the diagram circuit the topology. Receive the most great congratulation.

this is my Shuguang EL34 pp amp, ultra-linear output, based on the Mullard 5-20 and HK Citation V amps....sounds fantastic, bass is tight and controlled which is a revelation.....

B+ at OPT center lead is 445 volts, tubes are biased at 33mA each.....so that they are idling at about 15 watts each.....

the front end 6J9 tube B+ is zener regulated....it is very quiet, no hiss, no hum......Hitachi 6CG7 LTp drivers....

solid state psu with big capacitor filtering, a common mode filter choke isolate the rest of the amplifier from the power supply, freds isolators ensures cross-talk between channels are minimized, with generous filtering psu ripple is held to a minimum.

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

testing and setup:

fixed biasing with about 33mA on each cathodes put the tubes idling at about 14watts at idle....
IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

using my power monitor:
line current draw is shown:
IMG_1883.jpg

true power consumed at idling:
IMG_1882.jpg

apparent power draw:
IMG_1881.jpg

line frequency:
IMG_1880.jpg

line voltage:
IMG_1878.jpg

under the hood:
IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

Can we have more pictures of your power bar?

es una renovacion de un push pull de ken browm lo probamos con unas cajas infiniti de 15" 102 db impresionante el rendimiento de esta miniatura

is a renewal of a push pull of what we tried ken Browman infiniti boxes 15 "102 db impressive performance of this miniature

Buenísimo cappo.
Incredible **** amp.
I knew that amp from my childhood.
Pushpull 6bq5, after that further the 7591 pushpull with 32ohm out, never nobody make nothing in our big and wide country.

A 12AU7 push pull output joke amplifier....

At first I just wanted to see if I could get any amount of sound out of this set-up. The circuit is a simple 12au7 up front, one triode as first audio, and then the second as a phase inversion driving a 12au7 push pull. The OPT that I used has 34k p to p and 8 ohm on the secondary. All PS caps were bypassed by 1mfd pp. The PS employed was a junkbox PT 136v and then I made a voltage doubler to step things up.
Like I mentioned in the title it was built as a joke, but turned out well for it's power capability. Here it is on the bread-board... I am not sure if I will be building this in stereo yet, as there are better things to do. I did not build from a schematic, so if you would like to try this, give me a little time to draw one up.

Also I have a audio sample for you, the link is to my youtube...
12au7 pp sample amplifier Mono - YouTube

Attachments

• 12au7 pp sample amplifier Mono pic.jpg
    12au7 pp sample amplifier Mono pic.jpg
    875 KB · Views: 339
Last edited: