PeeCeeBee

A lot of people use a lot of types of compensation for a lot of amplifiers in lots of different way. I use none, and respectfully disagree that my system sounds less "HD" than anybody else in this forum.

For the purpose of keeping this thread's topic intact, please post build stuff only. If a schematic uses any compensation except Miller type then please open a new thread and bring the discussion there. I will be happy to join and learn new things.
Ok Shaan, sorry :)

Hi Esperado.

A lot of people have me on their ignore list, you are another fresh addition to that list. I don't understand why you guys always take the way out just because I have rejected the tolerance for off topic/BS. ;)

Ok this is getting boring. Seems it's high time for some clarification from my side, as guys who hate me are often the "elite" type.

So here I go.

Since my last post in the VSSA thread I had realized that the 'head figures' circling around are in that thread for a specific purpose, to make a "product" that sells well. It's selling well, to the consumers. I, on the other hand, have seen this forum as a teacher that educates me to be more open minded, and so, I see things with an open mind. I see that a certain person is literally loathing every other DIY effort in the name of "spreading the word", I see that he wants to make others believe that widely ackowledged writers of audio-books are nuts, I see him banished by the sensible and the helpful (deservingly), and I see complete shamelessness in his further activities regarding spreading his "word". This does not bother me anymore as before because he is of the level of a business-person, no higher, although bright.

What surprises me is that some guys whom I believed to be sensible and honest ended up speaking for that nonsense instead of confronting it.

I had to find or build a place where I could play around a design in the way I wanted to, and to see if there were others who liked the idea. While I departed and started the PeeCeeBee thread I was sure we would be free from the flow that ends up into a closed and propriated package far from anything diy. I knew we would be attcked by the omnipresent BS and as it did attack we refused to give in and continued the DIY.

A few of the friends here had to hear garbage speech from the "elite"s in some threads because they showed support to me and WITHOUT REMINDING followed the thread rules. I apologize to you, guys. And to the likes of those "gurus" I have two words to say, you know which.

In case anyone wondered, I am a follower of the ideas of Rod Elliott. So this kind of announcements that you just did is the last thing that would bother me in the world.

I am doing the right thing and will continue to do so.

Lastly I hope the building job won't be paused here after the intervention of this gross off topic.

shaan

The guy who stole the schematic that an other (Lazy Cat) offered to the community, accuse him to be commercial, then talk about intellectual honesty...
The guy who promotes "open mind" and "education" but do not allow any technical discussion about compensation schemas or CCS... in a DIY thread...
The guy who is uncompromising on others off topic, but allows himself a long post he describes as "gross off topic" to denigrate them in a very bad way with personal attacks, saying "I am doing the right thing"...
is in my ignore list for those reasons.

Last edited:
Hi Shaan,
I don't consider myself elite, but I did contribute to VSSA thread. I experimented, I measured, I used my ears, my loudspeakers. According to what you claim here, I should shut the f%$# up, as I just pretend there are differences, although I can hear them.
I am not affiliated with LC, (that committs the felony of selling stuff), I gain nothing from his mercantile activities, so all my interventions were and are honest reports. Am I allowed to be honest without being offended by your careless and senseless affirmations? Am I allowed to say that MKP caps in parallel with existing caps sount like a night and day difference (to me?) ? Am I allowed to say that 1k/47R sounded better than 2k2/100R (both cases matched at 10ppm)? No, it seems I am not allowed...not without being considerred an arrogant "elite". I told the community that for me the balanced version has some better sound in my opinion, I told that in Andrej's thread, without being sent off or silenced up. This is what a forum should be, an exchange of opinions and experiences.
I followed this thread with interest, I built the Jason's TO-3 (as I had TO-3 Exicons) variant as well, but I have to set myself apart from this thread, not without some regret... :(
Sorry Shaan, attacking others is not something that belongs to an open mind!

I have followed this thread from the very beginning; actually I was one of those impatiently waiting for its start because of its declared intention; to build a decent amplifier based on a very simple and ingenious schematic by LC. I had followed before the VSSA thread with interest, until it became NSVSSA, ever more sophisticated and complicated that is! I'm not an electronics expert, I'm just an amateur trying to build and experiment simple schematics the like of Shaan's VSSA (b.t.w. he always acknowledged LC's ownership) and I'm sure, actually I know there are many others just like me, who built and enjoyed their very simple amps. For this I'm grateful to Shaan and to all those others who understood and respected the very clear purpose and rules set forth in the first post of this thread. I believe that in diyAudio should be a place for novices like me also, not only for the experts and gurus. At the same time I don't understand and I don't applaud those who showed disrespect for those simple rules and who were always trying to push their expertise where it was not asked for. To all those talking about 'ignore', or ‘unsubscribe', I have something to say too; good riddance! You should've done it before trying to make a mess out of a nice thread.

Regards,

Ted

I agree. Without rules we have chaos. Shaan has said from the very beginning that this thread is about building this very simple, 6 device amplifier. At every single juncture he has rejected adding to it yet still folks come in and try to change the design. If you have a better mouse trap, start your own thread, even if you choose to start with design and add your "improvements". I'm not sure it will hold the interest this thread attracts but its worth a try.

Blessings, Terry

i find problem with board. oscillation solve with regrounding :D

but another problem find. when speaker connected, rca not connected then re-plug in rca while signal present, the circuit burn!! :-O

the v+ wire from psu to amp module burn off. the psu mr.evil cap multiplier.

sorry, english bad. so maybe i re-explain. amp on, speaker connected, rca not connected. then i correct rca. amp v+ wire burn.
other hand, speaker not connected, rca plug out, back in, no issue.

PeeCeeBee is singing

Hello Shaan, and fellow diy'ers. I finally got around to complete my first perfboard PeeCeeBee and is currently playing some music. I have 3 more boards to complete for my bi-amped setup.
I could get the offset to 0 mV, with the following bias settings:
IQ: 96 mA
VAS bias: 11 mA
FE bias: 1.54 mA

After my initial adjustment last night, the VAS and FE bias currents seem to have reduced by 20% today.
Can I keep the settings as they are now? The challenge will be to attain the same settings on the next board.

The sound seems rich and detailed in my preliminary hearing on an old Bose 201 test speaker.

Thanks Shaan, LC, and gang to help me build and enjoy my first discrete amp.

Attachments

• peeceebee-first.jpg
    peeceebee-first.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 1,146
Hello Shaan, and fellow diy'ers. I finally got around to complete my first perfboard PeeCeeBee and is currently playing some music. I have 3 more boards to complete for my bi-amped setup.

After my initial adjustment last night, the VAS and FE bias currents seem to have reduced by 20% today.
Can I keep the settings as they are now? The challenge will be to attain the same settings on the next board.

The sound seems rich and detailed in my preliminary hearing on an old Bose 201 test speaker.

Hi bro! Congrats and bravo!

The bias is okay. You can set the same set of bias on your next boards same way with the potentiometers easily. Just start with max resistance.

If you plan to keep the FETs off board then place another pair of 100R at the gates for best stability.

Keep up the good work. :up:

what value off1&off2 thanks shaan

Hi auriga.

The values of the OFF resistors depend on your PS rail voltage and gain of the input and VAS transistors.

For 35V supplies 15K to 18K should properly bias the input stage (between 1mA and 2mA). If you are using lower voltages you will need lower value and higher value for higher voltage PS.

Hi Shaan,
greetings from Pune. I have gone through the entire thread and thinking of building one for my diy sub that I am planning. However I am looking for some what higher power. Has anyone or you tried it with 2 pairs as per your design in post # 1011 and #1021? . I am planning to use Jason's cap multiplier also for this project.
thanks and regards