PeeCeeBee

I finished mine few days ago, sounds WONDERFUL.
But it still doesnt fit :( and im on my way to make it even smaller so...
Sorry but I dont have pics to show of my new amp... :(
44mm in height 250mm deep and 410mm wide dual mono...
But can anyone tell me, why theres those 1uF capacitors between signal GND and emmiters?

Who ever uses Eagle PCB software must be a genius :D

Up.. up.. up..

I'm very satisfied on my first build of my previous Rev.1.2, now I will build this Ver.2.0 in stereo, Thanks Shan and LC for this wonderful amp.

Attachments

• VSSA Ver2.0 Stereo Green.jpg
    VSSA Ver2.0 Stereo Green.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 733
Wow wiljj! Your boards look very tidy and beautiful.

Keep up the good work. Once tests are done please post the layout and silkscreen in pdf.

Nice to see fellows are keeping the fire lit. You rock. \m/
Hi Shaan,if i remember well Lazy cat recommendation is to omit these 1n4007 and 10R
What is your opinion about this?
Best regards.
Thimios.

Attachments

• VSSA Ver2.0 Stereo Green 2.JPG
    VSSA Ver2.0 Stereo Green 2.JPG
    459.6 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:
Hi Shaan,if i remember well Lazy cat recommendation is to omit these 1n4007 and 10R
What is your opinion about this?
Best regards.
Thimios.

Hi thimios,

really nice layout. I don't the diode/10R bypass on VSSA and it was benefical. I did the same thing on versatil (VSSA front end + BJT output) and after suppressing input cap it has also same effect. WHen suppresion input cap you will gain in clarity and sound stage and when suppress or bypass diode/10R you gain in lower frequency range...

Marc

Hi thimios. My opinion is no need to omit these parts as long as the on board filter caps that connect to the bus after the diode/resistor network are sufficiently large. 470uF is a good value and works magic to keep the front and vas stage free from PS hum and noise. :up:

Hi shaan,

Have you test it? I don't it as many as suggested by LC himself. Despite the huge cap decoupling (1000uf for front and 1000uf for output on each rail) the effect was quite clear on bottom end présentation. I suggest you to test this mod. Same on versatil.

Marc

Hi thimios,

really nice layout. I don't the diode/10R bypass on VSSA and it was benefical. I did the same thing on versatil (VSSA front end + BJT output) and after suppressing input cap it has also same effect. WHen suppresion input cap you will gain in clarity and sound stage and when suppress or bypass diode/10R you gain in lower frequency range...

Marc
Hi idefixes,this is Willj pcb not mine!:)
I will test this in PMI ver. soon.
Thanks for reply.
Thimios.

Hi Idefixes. Please don't think I express my opinion without testing.

What I found is that the 'improvements' that some people swear they 'achieve' by omiting the said components just don't exist for this amplifier. :yes:

This might be an isolated case though. You should never believe anything and you will reach your truth.

Happy listening.
shaan

Hi thimios. My opinion is no need to omit these parts as long as the on board filter caps that connect to the bus after the diode/resistor network are sufficiently large. 470uF is a good value and works magic to keep the front and vas stage free from PS hum and noise. :up:
Hi Shaan ,i have the PMI ver.
I believe that low frequencies are a little down.
I will try to omit these 1n4007 ,10R compination and i report again.
Thanks for all your job.
Thimios.

Hi Idefixes. Please don't think I express my opinion without testing.

What I found is that the 'improvements' that some people swear they 'achieve' by omiting the said components just don't exist for this amplifier. :yes:

This might be an isolated case though. You should never believe anything and you will reach your truth.

Happy listening.
shaan

Do you think this difference lay to presence of lack of CCS at input stage as this one major distinction between Peeceebee and VSSA?

I have PMI board and will try it later but these are the latest version not reported in this thread they have input CCS on it so not so more a Peeceebee state profile (no CSS, single layer.....)

Marc

Last edited:
Do you think this difference lay to presence of lack of CCS at input stage as this one major distinction between Peeceebee and VSSA?

PeeCeeBee is a simple
derivative of VSSA. I chose to omit those accessories because the amplifier works well without them.

I have PMI board and will try it later but these are the latest version not reported in this thread they have input CCS on it so not so more a Peeceebee state profile (no CSS, single layer.....)
Marc

I have no problem with that. I respect Pete and others who post the more complex designs in their own threads and help keep this thread focused only on the original PeeCeeBee. If they call their boards peeceebee, then its something I can only be happy and grateful for.

Last edited: