Pearl Acoustic Sibelius

This will work for the 10.3 I think.
35L nett, transform it to a BR Cabinet with exactly the same "looks" and dimensions of the original Sibelius.
It will go nice and deep.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Assembly Sibelius CG-3_page-0001.jpg
    Assembly Sibelius CG-3_page-0001.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 132
Well, its not TQWT any more, so not Sibelius clone. I would not put that brace like that. MathCad worksheets by Marting King can be used for simulation if someone have access to them, maybe hornresp but I dont know how to work with that so not 100% sure

Reactions: 1 user
Well, its not TQWT any more, so not Sibelius clone. I would not put that brace like that. MathCad worksheets by Marting King can be used for simulation if someone have access to them, maybe hornresp but I dont know how to work with that so not 100% sure
Hello Cindra,
Yes it is not a simple TQWT it is a mass loaded TQWT (Voigt Pipe) and it may work a bit finer! Our dear "nandappe" stated:

"By making the opening of the enclosure duct-shaped, the frequency range below 300Hz can become flatter or the lower limit can be extended. Please give it a try once".

For a better understanding:

Regards to Zagreb

Stefan

This will work for the 10.3 I think.
35L nett, transform it to a BR Cabinet with exactly the same "looks" and dimensions of the original Sibelius.
It will go nice and deep.
Here the simulation with the 10.2 in same BR cabinet.
Red 10.2 / green 10.3.

Simulations looks very nice.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Assembly Sibelius CG-3_page-0001.jpg
    Assembly Sibelius CG-3_page-0001.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 77
Not even same line od MA drivers...no one will ever make Sibelius at home so best try to make something that will look alike with Alpair 10.3. Dimensions of Sibelius are known, so sims with stock driver than playing a bit with numbers to get something optimal if needed

no one will ever make Sibelius at home so best try to make something that will look alike with Alpair 10.3
My two cents based on the comments in this thread as I understand 'em:
The Pearl and the 10.3M drivers are different and insofar as they differ any resultant loudspeaker systems will be different.
Reverse engineering the Pearl based on outward appearance, materiality and general design concept assumptions might be productive (while admitting to not actually having the particular Pearl drivers) but...
We have several worked out designs for the 10.3M driver by really brilliant fellows that we can build and have confidence in their performance: The Pensils (that relatively closely resemble the Pearl); the FHXL which might be an arguably better loudspeaker; and versions of the mass loaded Voigt pipe that is the basis for the Pearl (Festival or folded Festival).
There is a consensus that standard construction techniques with baltic birch would work better and be more straightforward to accomplish than variations on the thick solid oak cabinet. Technically, the internal dimensions are the important thing, not the enclosure materials.
In any event, the 10.3M should be EnaBl-treated or benefit form Dave's "simple tweak" or a notch filter.

I will probably Enabl my newly-acquired 10.3Ms and build either a Pensil or FHXL and try to be happy (and not cast envious eyes at expensive Finnish jewelry).