Peachtree new GaN-1 all "Digital Amplifier" the future?? (and it's not Class-D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ofcourse that will be said by any major Class-d manufacturer that uses old school mosfets. Because it will take a fortune to completely change the manufacturing process to change over till the old stocks have been used up.
its just a component to be stuffed on a board where being a silicon or GaN FET. That is a simple change. The gate drive needs some adjustment though.

The real differentiation comes from the modulator and control circuitry. That’s the hard part.

Reactions: 1 user
With regards to the Gan systems proto boards, I bought one when they came out and was quite impressed with the balanced, open sound and preferred the open loop no feedback setting when driving speakers and the closed loop when using it as a bi-amped setup for the woofers. No real surprise there however I have lent it to several friends who later paid me to make them one and they all liked the open loop setting.

I have heard better bass from larger higher powered class AB amps however the Gan high frequency portrayal is really much cleaner than a lot of amps I have tried.
I heard the Gan amps at several shows and they all seem to have the HF clarity as well. I also heard one amp that claimed a switching rate of 800mhz.

Sure it wasn't 800kHz (k!)...?
My bad, definitely khz. I am getting old for sure. I have heard the Hypex amps (incredible bass control) but not the Purifi. I also heard the ABD mod for the BTL TPA chips which had very sweet HF and timbre that was a new horizion for my class D exposure. The Purifi is on my list for my next project, if I have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.