• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB for the HAWK A18 amplifier (+ FETs if required)

Hi Marcel.

This morning I received a white envelope with the PCBs.
Is it possible that it is the first shipment? I think it's very fast if it's the shipment you made earlier this week ...
If I receive the "lost" shipment, I can return that PCB set to you.
Be aware, I will notify you if I receive the other shipment.

Best,
Francisco

Hawk A18 in operation

This is one of the 2 amplifiers with 4 channels A18. The performance is stunning!

Attachments

• Hawk A18 testbed.jpg
    Hawk A18 testbed.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 240
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Here a picture as I could not attach a picture via PM. They are 185 x 230 mm. I don't count the part without fins as I would cut that off. Fins are 40 mm. Material is cast aluminium. I have a few of these left. The work is to cut the part without fins off and then cut them in the middle leaving 6 hopefully :) rightly sized heatsinks. Hint: AFAIK you never published size of the boards...

Attachments

• IMG_2929.jpg
    IMG_2929.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
:cool::cool:The boardsize is 80x87 mm.

Sorry to say that these sinks do not do the job for me. The solution on the photo was a to bridge the gap to the delivery of the 2 pieces of heatsink that were due. They are 220x85mm and 3meters in length.
Im confident that that supply will tast for the comming years......:cool::cool::cool::D

That is acting as heatsink.....With the new heatsinks I can increase the Iq to 1,2 Amp at 28V supply. total dissipation then will be 240W (120W per side) with 150mm high sinks.
Sink temp will then be around ambient + 23C

Tested the sinks with 120mm length but that was not sufficient at +28C