• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB for cascoded IXYS CCS (tube)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Lars

I built a 801A spud amp with a CCS in the PSU filter but I could not fire it up nor test it (concept schematic and spice sim with a 300B in the attached). I will do in september when I am back from USA. Really looking forward to see how it works in practice, we might get rid of that extra choke and save some money. maybe.

I never tried VCCS as a load so far ... the PCBs will come very handy. :D

Attachments

• KOB.JPG
    KOB.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 258
latest news! I got a reply from silvercircuits and they have a panel partially manufactured so they can finish it and make 10 more boards ... ! Precedence will be given according to the date of request on the discussion.

Final price should be lower than expected ... let me redo the math when I receive the final invoce. If this is the case and a few $ are left I'd propose to buy a few more fets for Sigfire (so everybody will be paying a few extra pennies) because his envelope in the FET GB got lost by German or US post. I didn't discuss the specific idea with him but I know he'd love to use the VCCS.

Gianluca

latest news! I got a reply from silvercircuits and they have a panel partially manufactured so they can finish it and make 10 more boards ... ! Precedence will be given according to the date of request on the discussion.

Final price should be lower than expected ... let me redo the math when I receive the final invoce. If this is the case and a few $ are left I'd propose to buy a few more fets for Sigfire (so everybody will be paying a few extra pennies) because his envelope in the FET GB got lost by German or US post. I didn't discuss the specific idea with him but I know he'd love to use the VCCS.

Gianluca

I'd be more than happy to get some IXYS as they are hard to get hold of in the UK, can buy them from Mouser, they won't ship to the UK!

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ale

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi folks,
..just PM'd Gianluca, that I got a message from the local Customs Office to
"declare" the goods sent. The copy included clearly showed that they meant
Gianlucas parcel. I'll try to get that dome tomorrow morning :drool: and then decide if I need some more.
Thanks anyway for your compassion with my "mishaps" -- but as this in effect is just another round of "DHL vs. Siggi", there may be a joke or two still "in it"
for me.
It's hard to beat DHL when it comes to real-life "humour" , I guess.:scratch:
Greez & Thanks
to Gianluca and of course to all that have been offering their help.

Sigfire

Man this smilie list is "da works" !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.